I've been playing guitar for about 3 years, and I still have problems figuring out the settings for my amp...
Every time a find a setting I like, it turns out bad when I play with my band
Doesn't mather on wich amp...but what should I focus on when trying the find my tone? Any hints ?
please, this really bothers me
thanx
I'm not really qualified to reply, but perhaps you could spend some time with your band just messing around trying to find a good tone. Ask tehm to be patient and stuff.

Also perhaps you may find that your tone may sound different depending on the place you are playing. Acoustics or whatever they call it
Quote by the dave
hahahahahahaha I laughed so hard I shat a little

E X P E R I M E N T

no one can tell you the best tone of this or that, its all up to you to hunt down your own tone preference. But there are some tips that you can use, like less mids for metal, etc etc.
"Play with your ears" - Yngwie Malmsteen, Paul Gilbert
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
if you do find a good setting at low volumes, chances are it will sound different when your with your band practicing. Try and figure out settings at band practice level too.
Ibanez RG1527
ENGL Blackmore Sig.
Marshall 1960A Cab
Orange 4x12 Cab

Member of UG's Official Gain \/\/hores - Invite Only
Quote by Milit
I'm not really qualified to reply, but perhaps you could spend some time with your band just messing around trying to find a good tone. Ask tehm to be patient and stuff.

Yup, that's the only way to do it. As a starting point when you do that, try boosting your midrange. Everyone likes the heavy sound you get when you scoop the mids but you need at least some mids to cut through when actually playing in a full-band situation.
PRS Dave Navarro signature/Burny RLC-70 - Sonuus Wahoo wah/filter - Vox ToneLabLE - Boss DD-5 - Zoom MS-50G - Modded Ampeg VT-22 100-watt tube head or Peavey VK100 100-watt tube head (6L6GC's in both) - Soldano 4X12 cab w/Eminence Legends.
Also when you find a tone you like, write down the amp settings. This will make it easier to recall when necessary.
I do this a lot coz I've got several guitars and use different amp settings for all of them.
Dave Mustain has wrote some of the most amazing solos...
That he can't actually play!