Okay, I'm currently looking for a job, and with my paychecks, I'd like to buy a new amp. I was also thinking of asking for an ME-50 for my b-day or something. My situation is as such:

I own a Marshall MG15DFX, and I might start/join a band sometime soon. 15W is not going to cut it, and the tone, though I love my MG, is lacking in some areas. My guitar has great tone, and my distortion pedal gives me sufficient distortion.

I don't know if I want a combo, or a stack, 100 watts either way.

These are the heads/cabs that I am looking at currently:

Peavey Supreme XL w/ matching cab(s)

Peavey Valveking w/ matching cab(s)

Crate GT1200H w/ matching cab(s)

And for combos:

Peavey ValveKing 212

Crate GTD120

Crate XT120R

What I need is anything with crystal-clear clean tone, can handle heavy distortion, is loud enough for shows, won't break down, and I don't want to pay extra for any on-board effects when I plan on getting an ME-50 anyway. For a combo I'd really prefer a 212, tubes doesn't really matter, and that doesn't cost more than $500 or so. For a stack, I'd really rather have a full stack, just because it's kind of intimidating, and because it's also much louder. I know there are combos out there that also have a jack for a cab, and that would be nice to have. If there's something out there that has the same qualities, but much better, I'd be glad to know.
Peavey HP Signature EXP (SH4 JB/ SH2 Jazz)
Jackson DK2M
Fender MIM Stratocaster HSS
Fender MiM Telecaster

EVH 5150 III w/ EVH 2x12 cab
Peavey Vypyr Tube 60
Fender Blues Jr.

Boss ME-50; NS-2; RV-5; BF-3
MXR M101 Phase 90
go for the b-52 at-100 tube head... and get a cabinet to go with it... b-52's are FANTASTIC...
I agree with the guy above me, but for the smaller budget, look for a used version of the combo
Board:
Pitchblack - Fulltone Octafuzz - Hardwire OD - Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina - MXR Micro Chorus - Diamond Memory Lane Jr - EHX SMMH - Neunaber Wet
I don't have an amp to recommend, but I had to say this; for $500 you are not going to get a full stack that is even close to maybe approaching decent. Even if you have $5000, I would really recommend you not get a full stack. They cost more, they'd be a huge pain to transport, and sure they're intimidating, but they really won't even be that much louder. In that price range, you might be able to find a good used tube combo, new might be pushing it though.
What I meant in the $500 was for combos. I do realize a stack would cost more, and have done a little research.
Peavey HP Signature EXP (SH4 JB/ SH2 Jazz)
Jackson DK2M
Fender MIM Stratocaster HSS
Fender MiM Telecaster

EVH 5150 III w/ EVH 2x12 cab
Peavey Vypyr Tube 60
Fender Blues Jr.

Boss ME-50; NS-2; RV-5; BF-3
MXR M101 Phase 90
dont get a stack! especially if its not good and your paying.

You could get a good tube combo 40 watts maybe and that would be more than loud enuf!
a b-52, or maybe the peavey works. the peavey classic 30 has good cleans, but you need a booster/overdive/distortion for the heavy distortion, but i hear great things on their reliability. hughes and kettner should be considered if you can find a used one, but they are pretty expensive so don't count on it.
My Blog
New bands you wish you knew about!

Check This Band:As Blood Runs Black
Guitarist of the month: Quorthon

Got a good band that you want to share with the world? PM me and I'll write them a review.
dont say tubes dont matter.
they make sooooo much of a difference
Guitars:
Parkwood PW320M
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Epiphone C-40 willie nelson signature
Squier Strat
Some beat up acoustic from '68

Amps:
Vox Ad50vt
Crate xt15r

Effects:
Vox Clyde McCoy Wah
Peavey Windsor + Rocktron Zombie Reco pedal + cab
Washburn HM Idol w/ SD JB in bridge > Ibanez Weeping Demon > Korg Pitchblack > Digitech Bad Monkey > Boss NS-2 > Boss DD-6 > Egnater Renegade > Splawn 2x12 w/ Weber Sig12Bs

nice choice with the me-50 there awesome. i would go with a peavey valveking 112 and use the extra $ to get an eq to go with the me-50
ya i i got a peavey classic 50 212 (great cleans, and u can use the extra 50 or so bux to get a pedal) that was made in 1994 and is still in tip top condition for only 400 bux