Alrighty.

Lets analyze what both do.

Gibson HD6X Pro Les Paul- Allows each string to be individually set (ex: The three bass strings can be set to overdrive while the top three are clean). Plays through an ethernet cord to a Break-Out-Box (BoB for short).

Fender VG Strat- Ability to shift between different style guitars (Strat to Tele. Tele to 12 string, etc). Ability to change tunings with a knob (digitally). Battery powered.

I need more info on both. Feel free to tell me and I'll add it to this post.

Is this the new age of guitars? Are they really worth it? Or is it a bunch of crap and the good ol' Strats and LP's don't need to be touched?

I can't say until I play both. But until then, what do you think?
Last edited by DingoDance at Jan 20, 2007,
I don't think they'll catch on, why try to fix something that isn't broken?
Fender American Deluxe V-Neck Strat
Laguna LG300CE Acoustic Electric
Quote by karateguy29
I don't think they'll catch on, why try to fix something that isn't broken?

to improve it of course

but still, they're getting too carried away

My mind is going. I can feel it.
They could be getting carried away... or it could be one of the greatest leaps forward in guitar history. How do we know?
That guitar simulating thing on the Strat doesn't come my way... It makes me remember all those Variax guitars..

I prefer the Les Paul.
id inda lean towards the strat.. i like the whole multiple tunings and 12 string idea.

so how does this work? is it only for recording, or can it be played through an amp?
Proud owner of a Gibby LP Custom and an all-original Vintage '62 Fender Jag

Quote by richwatkinson
Give 10 UGers a rope and ask them to pull. 4 will push, 1 will ask for buttsecks, 2 will tell you get an Ibanez and the last 3 will start complaining about Line6 Spiders.
Oh no, they're both fully amp ready. I'm a little confused how this BoB works. It has outputs for different speakers for each string. thats an interesting idea. You could definately make some awesome stereo effects on multiple strings. That adds a couple layers of diversity.

I am also EXTREMELY curious to see how this Strat tuning thing works AND sounds.
The more I read up on them my opinion somewhat changed. If I was recording an album or something, I might use one of those if I didn't want a bunch of other guitars around (which would never happen, I'd want as many guitars as possible!)
Fender American Deluxe V-Neck Strat
Laguna LG300CE Acoustic Electric
Quote by False_God
I'd just pay out for Matt Belamys guitar, MUCH BETTER!

Get 6000$. Or maybe less, if you want a replica of the new one, which similar to the first one (Silver Manson), without special circuits (only a tone and vol knob and a pickup selector; no killswitch) and a Floyd Rose.
I'd way rather the strat, I could see people using those type of features alot more then those of the LP, but I could be wrong. Either way I want that strat
Quote by King ofKumbucha
What is plexi? Do you mean a guitar made out of plexiglass?
Quote by DingoDance
Alrighty.

Lets analyze what both do.

Gibson HD6X Pro Les Paul- Allows each string to be individually set (ex: The three bass strings can be set to overdrive while the top three are clean). Plays through an ethernet cord to a Break-Out-Box (BoB for short).

Fender VG Strat- Ability to shift between different style guitars (Strat to Tele. Tele to 12 string, etc). Ability to change tunings with a knob (digitally). Battery powered.

I need more info on both. Feel free to tell me and I'll add it to this post.

Is this the new age of guitars? Are they really worth it? Or is it a bunch of crap and the good ol' Strats and LP's don't need to be touched?

I can't say until I play both. But until then, what do you think?

They're damn sexy though.
keytar
Jumping on dat gear sig train.
PRS Hollowbody II / BKP Warpigs
Strandberg OS6T / BKP Aftermath
Strandberg OS7 / Lace Poopsticks
Skervesen Raptor 7FF / BKP Warpigs
Skervesen Raptor 6 NTB / BKP Juggernauts
Hapas Sludge 7 FF / Hapas Leviathan
Anderson Baritom / Motorcity Nuke BKP Sinner Anderson H2+
Warmoth Baritone / BKP Piledriver
Ibanez Rg2120x / BKP Nailbomb

Blackstar ID:Core Beam
I just got an email saying there was a reply to this post. From 3 years ago. HAHAHA nice work, grave robber