Hi, I have an Ibanez RG120 and a small crate practice amp (this one:http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/CrateMX1010WGuitarCombo?sku=487633). I've been practicing the guitar a lot and so I thought maybe its worth more of an investment.

I want to play like this: http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=8590308394895590930&q=jerry+c+canon

My friend says in the video he uses a "chorus effect" and a "reaver effect". I don't really know what those are, but I do know it sounds pretty awesome.

Does anyone have any suggestions for me?

Thanks,
-Pin
So wait...you want to buy a new guitar/amp to play like that? You don't need new gear to play like that
I'm looking to get a sound as close to that as possible. I am practicing very hard to play like that. Sorry for not making that clear...
He probably meant 'reverb', not 'reaver'. I don't suggest you asking for a reaver effect in stores, unless you want to look really stupid.
Jackson DKMG & KE3, Fender Mexican Strat, Stagg Acoustic

Boss Compressor & Chorus, Dunlop Crybaby, Behringer Delay, ISP Decimator, Ibanez Tubescreamer

Laney TT50H, Marshall 1960A, Roland Cube 15

Looking to jam in Belfast, PM me!
well, I think that's Funtwo, not jerry C, but I think you'll get by with a ds-1, and maybe a chorus pedal. You realize that you won't get that tone by yourself, most of the awesomeness of his sound comes from double tracked with a harmony in some places. Reverb makes it sound epic if you have it.

Jerry C uses a PodXT Live to get it, and a barber direct drive amp box as well.
Last edited by Charso at Jan 20, 2007,
This what i found on jerry c website:

Guitar

* Fender American Deluxe (with Bridge Pickupimarzio Fast Track 2)
* Fender Japan (with Scalloped Fingerboard, Bridge Pickup:Seymour Duncan JB.Jr)
* Line6 Variax 500
* ESP Horizon FR-II (with Front PU: Dimarzio PAF Pro, Rear PU: Dimarzio FRED)

EFX

* Line6 PODxt Live
* BarBer Direct Drive
Besides being a guitar player, I'm a big fan of the guitar. I love that damn instrument. Steve Vai

Gear:
Kramer Striker FR422SM
Roland Microcube
Digitech Bad Monkey
Dunlop Tortex 1.14mm picks

MY VIDEOS
In that clip Jerry used a Line 6 POD. You could get one, and try emailing him to get his patch.
"A wise man once said, never discuss philosophy or politics in a disco environment." - Frank Zappa
Quote by Jinskee
Don't question the X.
<Frenchy> I'm such a failure