I've seen someone else asking for help like this, and it seemed to work. I'm in a rock band called Voodoo Hippie Sunshine (Rock/Classic Rock/Thrash Metal), and we need some artwork. Those are the best descriptions for what we play, which is a wide variety. Everything from Black Sabbath, Led Zeppelin, Van Halen, some nu-metal, but mainly Metallica-type songs. I know that some people on here criticize people for not knowing their genres, and I apologize if I bothered anyone.

Anywho, if anyone can help me out by creating a logo, i would greatly appreciate it.
You're not going to get anyone to do artwork like that for you for free. I don't currently have access to the equipment I use for my grpahic art, which is a shame, but if you PM me with some ideas you have made yourself I'll be more than happy to give you a few nudges in the right direction.
Yea, I figured as much. But we don't have any disposable income. And none of us is really artistic. I don't mind if noone helps, it was just wishful thinking. I was thinking of using Ronald Reagan's definition of a hippie: "Dresses like Tarzan, has hair like Jane, and smells like the cheetah". Maybe with the sun in the top right corner and some voodoo dolls or some crap. I'm not sure. I just came up with the name randomly. We all liked it, so we stuck with it. Maybe just a logo would be cool. Like have the O's be those peace signs, and I's being little voodoo dolls or something like that. Thanks though.

Edit: And thanks Raven
Last edited by IfUr555Im666 at Jan 20, 2007,
I wouldn't really go for the cliche classic rock thing and make it as blatantly obvious as that, otherwise you're in danger of becomming a novelty band like The Darkness. Sounds to me like a bit of self-parody there.
What do you mean? Like, classify ourselves differently? I don't know what else we could call ourselves. We play Floyd and Tool type stuff as well. Just about anything that interests us.
Quote by IfUr555Im666
What do you mean? Like, classify ourselves differently? I don't know what else we could call ourselves. We play Floyd and Tool type stuff as well. Just about anything that interests us.

No, I mean the hippy and the peace signs and the voodoo dolls. You're going to seem like a late 60s classic rock band stuck in the 00's/10's. By all means, however, adapt a subtly hippy-ish font for the logo if that's your thing, and don't make it too elaborate. It's got to be memorable!
Oooohhh. ok. I gotcha. Thanks for the advice. I'm trying to think of album art, too. But I definitely don't expect anyone to go that all out. I guess I sort of like the idea that everyone would think we were a band stuck in the 60's or 70's, and then the first song we play is 'Seek and Destroy". That kind of thing. But I see what you mean when you say we'll probably get pigeon-holed.
By all means take elements from old music- my band Strawberry Shortblade take inspiration from late 70s punk, but we don't market ourselves that way, nor do we base our sound around it. Instead, we mixed it in with alt rock, a tiny bit of metal and rockabilly, and it's really quite an original sound.

If you want to get noticed in today's record industry, it's better to be original.