I wanted to upgrade from my ltd m-100 its got the FR and everything its just not that good of a guitar and found this its a Schecter C-1 FR http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Schecter-?sku=518491
and i just found this its a Jackson MG Series DXMG Dinky
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Jackson-DXMB-X-Electric-Guitar?sku=512239
it costs another $90 so is it that much better and does anyone have one of these or used one of these that could give me some suggestions?
if it was me i would choose the Jackson, Jackson has good customer service and build there stuff very well. and last a long time, plus the knecks are very fast and smooth on there guitars...
Quote by 420 FREAK
it has EMG HZ pickups are those active or passive?

EMG HZ humbuckers are Active EMG TurboCharger (0-20dB Gain Control)
With EMG pickups and an Active EMG TurboCharger Gain control built-in, the MG series brings the legend of the Dinky to a new level!

The DXMG gets punchy tone from a solid Alder body equipped with 2 hard-rockin' genuine EMG HZ humbuckers and the Active EMG® TurboCharger® (0-20dB Gain Control). It also features 24 jumbo frets for easy playability, and a double-locking tremolo

Specifications:

* BODY Alder
* NECK Bolt-On Rock Maple with Scarf Joint Head Stock
* NECK DIMENSIONS 1st Fret: .775”, 12th Fret: .880”
* TUNING MACHINES Sealed Die-Cast Tuners
* FINGERBOARD Rosewood with Compound 14” to 16” Radius
* NO. OF FRETS 24 Jumbo Frets
* BRIDGE PICKUP EMG® HZ
* MIDDLE PICKUP N/A
* NECK PICKUP EMG® HZ
* CONTROLS Master Volume, Master Tone
* BRIDGE Floyd Rose® Licensed Jackson® Low Profile JT580 LP Double Locking 2-Point Tremolo
* PICKUP SWITCHING 3-Position Blade: Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Bridge and Neck Pickup, Position 3. Neck Pickup
* HARDWARE Black
* STRINGS NPS, Gauges: .009, .011, .016, .024, .032, .042
* CASE Not included
* PICKGUARD None
* SCALE LENGTH 25.5”
* WIDTH AT NUT 1-11/16”
* UNIQUE FEATURES Jackson 6-In-Line Pointed Headstock, Compound (14” to 16&rdquo Fingerboard Radius, MOTO Shark Fin Position Inlays, Ivoroid Binding on Neck and Headstock
thanx for the replies but i think ill go with the schecter because of the active humbuckers and the price
Jackson = smooth thin neck. Schechter = kind of fat and bulky neck-wise. I also prefer the look of Jacksons, but then again I'm a Jackson fanboy (and proud of it) so meh.
Jackson DKMG & KE3, Fender Mexican Strat, Stagg Acoustic

Boss Compressor & Chorus, Dunlop Crybaby, Behringer Delay, ISP Decimator, Ibanez Tubescreamer

Laney TT50H, Marshall 1960A, Roland Cube 15

Looking to jam in Belfast, PM me!
i would save up but its like $300 more and that'll take another 3 months and for the neck i was actually worried it would be thin i like the big necks the one on my strat copys a huge c style one and its my favorate so thats more of a plus
If you like fat c necks, Schechter would be better for you.
Jackson DKMG & KE3, Fender Mexican Strat, Stagg Acoustic

Boss Compressor & Chorus, Dunlop Crybaby, Behringer Delay, ISP Decimator, Ibanez Tubescreamer

Laney TT50H, Marshall 1960A, Roland Cube 15

Looking to jam in Belfast, PM me!
Yeah thats good i'll go with the Schecter than i cant wait to get it i just have to sell my other guitar and save up the rest of the money now
Quote by fretbuzz
EMG HZ humbuckers are Active EMG TurboCharger (0-20dB Gain Control)

EMG HZ's aren't active.
When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.
-Jimi Hendrix
I have a Jackson DXMG Dinky... oh my lord...its great... fast neck... and not on purpose i'ved dropped it and with it being a double locking tremolo... youd think it'd slip a little outta tune.. nope didn't it was still in perfect pitch..... the only thing is if its your first Double Locking tremolo.. find someone who knows how to set one up and have them show you... its kinda confusing the first time if you dont know what your doing but yeah...

its a great guitar for its price... so worth it.. I run it thru a Fender Fm212R and a Digitech Rp150... it sounds great its great for metal, blues, and anything clean... it sounds great... and also its a great Shredders guitar...
Quote by MikeWO
That's like asking if you can get fat by looking at a burger.

Quote by Mein Kampf
Black people still exist?

--------------------
Equipment
--------------------
Jackson DXMG
Digtech Rp150
Fender FM212R
1932 Allero Acoustic
I found some use Jackson Dinky DK2s for like about $300 I'm going to get one and I'll have money for replacing pickups and some for a new amp still it should be nice with new pickups.
Id go with the Jackon, ive always found Shecters feel shitty for metal/shred (assuming thats what your into).

-Axe
Endorsed by Framus Amps

Quote by primusfan
you shoulda lynched that nigger.

*spits in spittoon and feels up his cousin*
Quote by axeslinger01
Id go with the Jackon, ive always found Shecters feel shitty for metal/shred (assuming thats what your into).

-Axe

yea im into that i found some used jacksons so i'll be getting a jackson
Good choice...
Quote by MikeWO
That's like asking if you can get fat by looking at a burger.

Quote by Mein Kampf
Black people still exist?

--------------------
Equipment
--------------------
Jackson DXMG
Digtech Rp150
Fender FM212R
1932 Allero Acoustic