ATM, I have a JCM900, Ibanez RG321mh with Emgs 81/85, weeping demon wah, ehx nano clone and dano fab overdrive. I'm thinking of scraping the fab. I play alot of metal, and I'm getting into alot of shred lately, and I might want to start going into that Vai/Satch territory with my tone. I'm not really looking for specific pedals here (unless you really want to name one), but more just what will improve my overalll sound.
yea. definately scrap the fab. some of the things you may need are as follows: new overdrive(perhaps a wylde overdrive?), a noise reducer, maybe some delay or echo, and reverb(sounds awesome if you get the right one)
Quote by iloveboobs99
what im a pig bcuz i like boobs. Ok who here like boobs! just wonderin. i do

Quote by Shoestick
Never has there been a time more in need of a smiley that pops a boner.

tee hee

check this out 4 real
Quote by guitar_o_gold
yea. definately scrap the fab. some of the things you may need are as follows: new overdrive(perhaps a wylde overdrive?), a noise reducer, maybe some delay or echo, and reverb(sounds awesome if you get the right one)

I've heard mainly bad things about the wylde mxr overdrive,

a noise reducer I can do without for now (I want to get an ISp in the future),

delay, I would like a delay pedal, I'll keep an eye out on ebay,

echo, delay pedal should cover that,

reverb, my marshalls reverb will do for now.

Also thinking about a volume pedal, EQ or a compressor/sustainer.
get a phaser, but first get a good, long, delay, and a reverb. maybe a reverb that switches between plate, spring, and room.

and of course, a flanger, to mix with that phaser for that wierd sound that destroys the cerebral cortex of your enemies. maybe an octaver or pitch shifter.

but the most important is to get a new overdrive, but since you have a tube amp, you might want a booster for some lighter overdrive.
My Blog
New bands you wish you knew about!

Check This Band:As Blood Runs Black
Guitarist of the month: Quorthon

Got a good band that you want to share with the world? PM me and I'll write them a review.
Opinions on the boss sd-1 as a booster? I'm also considering some of the other boss overdrives (od-2 etc), ibanez ts7, dod 250 or the dod yngwie malmsteen.

Or should I wait until I have more money and get a ts9 or ts808 (Either the ibanez or the maxon)?
SD-1 sucks tone like hell and isn't that great.
Buy an Electro-Harmonix Memory Man.
I'm not very active here on UG currently.
I'm a retired Supermod off to the greener pastures of the real world.
Options:

• Boss SD-1 - £35
  • Boss OS-2 - £50
  • Boss OD-3 - £55
  • Digitech Bad Monkey - £30-£35
  • Ibanez Ts7 - £40 (Although I hear it's a piece of crap)
  • DOD VX250V? - £30
  • DOD YJM 308- £35

These are the RRP, and I'm going to get it off ebay, I have a budget of £30, although that could easily rise to £40.

Please suggest any others that I could get for £40 or under, keeping in mind the tones I mentioned in my first post (Metal and Shred).
Fulltone pedals all the way man. A little pricey but they are worth it as they are the top of the line.
*Taylor 214ce Acoustic
*Fender Highway One Honey Blonde Strat (Fralin Pickups)
*Epiphone Zephyr Regent (Gibson '57 Humbucker)
*Vox 847 Wah
*Fulltone Fulldrive 2 MOSFET
*Fender Blues Deluxe Amp
steve vai is supposed to come out with a distortion pedal this year, maybe wait for that
the DOD 250 is a great one.
Quote by corduroyEW
Cheap amps are "that bad". They suck up your tone like cocaine at Kate Moss' party.

I am Michael!
the 250 is great for shred, but can go into metal territory too. i love mine.
Quote by corduroyEW
Cheap amps are "that bad". They suck up your tone like cocaine at Kate Moss' party.

I am Michael!