Page 1 of 2
Hi ,I just bought a Diezel herbert and they came with Ruby tubes(to which I dont like),I bought two NOS Siemens EL34's and two svetlana 6L6's..I'm not sure how to open the amp to BIAS them..The amp doesnt have the dial on the top inside of the head (like the new amps do),so i need to get into the main compartment to do it.....Can anyone help??
Thanks for you time...Rick
you bought that amp and don't even know how to change the tubes?

some amps are self-biasing.
Quote by corduroyEW
Cheap amps are "that bad". They suck up your tone like cocaine at Kate Moss' party.

I am Michael!
So when you bought your first tube amp you knew how to BIAS the tubes???
I know how to,the BIAS feature is enclosed in the head below the tubes (concealed)..I want to know how to open the under part of the head without damaging it...
the manuel doesnt tell you how to open the head theres up to 500 volts of power in the caps..smart guy
Quote by tubab0y
you bought that amp and don't even know how to change the tubes?

Well if you have a $3000 amp you wouldnt wanna **** it up, he wasnt sure so he asked. Smart??

anyway, Im not too sure as to how its layed out so sorry man! if you wait for maybe Dave_Mc or Electrik they will help you!
Last edited by False_God at Jan 20, 2007,
Quote by styxad
So when you bought your first tube amp you knew how to BIAS the tubes???
I know how to,the BIAS feature is enclosed in the head below the tubes (concealed)..I want to know how to open the under part of the head without damaging it...

Again, "bias" isn't an acronym. There's no need to capitalize it every time you say it. And some of us own Mesa/Boogies, so we don't have to rebias whenever we change tubes
Quote by styxad
the manuel doesnt tell you how to open the head theres up to 500 volts of power in the caps..smart guy

And I'm sure the instructions don't tell you how to open it up for exactly that reason. That, and to create more business for their authorized dealers.
Hi, I'm Peter
Last edited by Dirk Gently at Jan 20, 2007,
no matter the amp, they'll say don't do it yourself. 200 volts hurts like crazy (i know from experience. don't mess with your amp.)

anyways, it's that whole take it into a shop vs. ask here.
Quote by corduroyEW
Cheap amps are "that bad". They suck up your tone like cocaine at Kate Moss' party.

I am Michael!
Well seeing as this guy bought a $3000 amp and dont know the first thing about changing tubes on it, Im going to have to either (a) call bull shit or (b) say hes some rich kid whos parents figure he needs the best of everything so he can play like Billy Joe Armstrong.

Either way styxad, dont triple post. Dont be a dick, especially if you want help around here.
Finally, if were no help, go the fuck away.

Pro my ass. If you were a pro you wouldnt have to ask how to change and bias your tubes dumb shit.
screw you Mike you ass.....I've been playing for 30 years just have not owned a Diezel and the bias pods are not readily accessable....dick
1: LOT, this guy is new, so cut him slack with the triple post deal.
2: A Herbert would be pretty intimidating to bias.
3: Everybody, not just LOT, stop being a prick to the kid, he doesn't want to screw up his. Whether or not it exists, is beside the point.

Threadstarter, you will get a better response if you ask questions a little nicer.
i garuntee you almost no one here (excluding you) has owned or worked on a a Diezel, But even if i knew how to do it i would tell you to take it to a pro, since apparently youve never biased an amp before.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
thanks Metal...Im just here to get some help not a bunch of crap.....I do own a diezel..but thanks for your post
Quote by metallicaman80
Threadstarter, you will get a better response if you ask questions a little nicer.
Yep, and you have to admit it's kind of strange that someone with a 4 grand amp is asking how to change the tubes...
I have biased an amp,its getting into the underpart of the head...very difficult to see where it comes apart...
why is that strange???have you ever seen a diezel,there built like a tank..the pods are not on top of this one like the new ones out there...although its only 9 months old
if you dont know what you are doing take it to a shop and have them look at it, if you can afford the money to can afford to buy a $4k amp then you can afford to have the tube professionally installed.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Well biasing tubes is relativley similar in all valve amps. Whether its a Marshall or a Diezel. He maybe be a n00b but he needs to pull his head out of his ass or no one around here will take him seriously (I know). I mean 30 years playing and he still dont know what hes doing?

Maybe if this guy wasnt being a prick, people would actually help.
I dont understand why everyone thinks its impossible to own a 4000 amp and not be able to access the inside of it....I also own a PRS..I suppose I cant own one of them too cause it cost me 3600....and daddy dint buy it ..I workied my ass off for it,just as I did for this amp
Quote by LuthierofTexas
Well seeing as this guy bought a $3000 amp and dont know the first thing about changing tubes on it, Im going to have to either (a) call bull shit or (b) say hes some rich kid whos parents figure he needs the best of everything so he can play like Billy Joe Armstrong.

Either way styxad, dont triple post. Dont be a dick, especially if you want help around here.
Finally, if were no help, go the fuck away.

Pro my ass. If you were a pro you wouldnt have to ask how to change and bias your tubes dumb shit.

no offense man but that post is really stupid, false and immature.

IF you had a $3000 amp would you go opening it up not being sure? even a $1000 amp.
I dont know why you would call bullshit, he's not making himself out to be cool or anything..
So you have to be spoilt to buy a great amp, ever hear of a job? Dont judge him if you dont know him.

Also your statement about "pro's not knowing how to bias or change is complete bs. I could pick aload of "pros" who cant set up floyd roses never mind changin tubes.

and please restrain yourself from using bad language here, your setting a bad example for nOObs.

true Kid...but Im an electrician and can do it myself...Im just having problems accessing the underside
$3600 PRS and a $4000 amp? Your a total n00b with a complex for trying to show off.

Anyway, you want actual help.

Read your fucking owners manual. Please tell me your at least smart enough to do that.
Its not in the manual ass...and you started by calling me a dick....and as far as trhe job goes /....Im a union electrician,so I can afford whatever I choose to spend my money on..
Look ...I was just looking for help...sorry to piss so many people off with a question...I see this site is not gonna be help for me so i will move on...But Mike your still an ass
Honestly LOT, just leave the guy alone, you're not helping any.

I personally just found it kind of strange, because being able to change tubes is a fairly basic skill, and if you have a $4000 amp and have been playing for 30 years, one would think you would know how to change tubes. But if you just can't access the tubes and don't want to break it then that's perfectly understandable. It just seems odd at first glance.
Christ LOT, shut the hell up. Give it a rest.

The kid wants help. If you can't give it, then do us all a favor and don't post. You're constantly being an ass to anyone and everyone. You make everyone think that people from Texas are assholes. Not all of us are. Just LOT and people from Houston.
^Also I dont see how he wasnt nice asking the question, people started given him shit first, and all he wanted was an answer.
Yeah, in most cases UG is really helpful, but nobody here can afford Diezel, and LOT decided to be a jerk Sorry, but you probably won't get any better info or advice than to take it to a shop.
Quote by styxad
Its not in the manual ass...and you started by calling me a dick....and as far as trhe job goes /....Im a union electrician,so I can afford whatever I choose to spend my money on..
Look ...I was just looking for help...sorry to piss so many people off with a question...I see this site is not gonna be help for me so i will move on...But Mike your still an ass

^ Yeah, he is.

And all the owner's manual says is to take it to an authorized dealer.

Got a question for you - do you have any sort of warranty on your amp? I know it obviously won't cover biasing/tube changes, but cracking the amp open on your own could completely invalidate said warranty. If it's not blatantly obviously, you should at least have a dealer show you how to do it. You're not going to find many people on here who can afford or have that particular amp.
Hi, I'm Peter
Quote by False_God
^Also I dont see how he wasnt nice asking the question, people started given him shit first, and all he wanted was an answer.

These posts weren't too nice:

Quote by styxad

Quote by styxad
I see this site is no help to many pros

He doesn't understand that only Luthiers and Mesa owners can be pricks. He'll learn.
Wow, your insulting me by telling me something I have known for 21 years? Not gonna work.

Look no one wants to be an ass, but you look like a total tool coming in here bragging about how much money you have by saying you bought a $4k amp and a $3600 PRS. But then you say that you dont know how to change and bias tubes and your not smart enough to take it to someone and get them to show you how to do it?

Use some common sense. If you cant do it, but your an electrician, you should at least let someone show you how, not talk you through it. If your so confident in your abilities to do it yourself, call up Diezel and get them to send you a new owners manual. That would be better then asking a forum to help you fix it.
Im going to look elswhere...but a big thanks to metal,de amazing and false god
Quote by metallicaman80
These posts weren't too nice:

He doesn't understand that only Luthiers and Mesa owners can be pricks. He'll learn.

well I suppose... anyway...let this guy get help!
hey Mike ...I never siad what I piad for the amp until you opened your mouth
Quote by Kid_Thorazine
just one question i know what a bias pot is but what the hell is a bias pod?

Can no one but me see that this kid is a total n00b?

Im not trying to be an ass, but its blatantly obvious. Its like the kid in the 'Sound Like JerryC' thread asking about "reaver" pedals. I know the TS didnt make a typo 12 times in a row.
I wish I could help. Hopefully LOT, in his infinite wisdom, can help.

Oh, wait, he is just saying what we're saying, only as a dickhead. I LOVE irrational anger.

^ LOT

Great job tearing down people, you twat.

Tell me, when you tear down less knowledgable people, do you get as much of a hard on as I do?

Of course my penis isn't as big as your's because you're simply the man.
Last edited by metallicaman80 at Jan 20, 2007,
I was not here to brag..if i was i would have stated how much i paid for it in my post...I was just looking for some help....Im I the only one who owns a diezel in the world...I dont think so,so I thought that this was a good source...I WAS VERY WRONG
Page 1 of 2