OK well heres the question:
I need to update my rig, right now its just for studio use, but I am starting to gig, and I need help. I have the guitars I love
2 epiphone elitists
a Gibson sonex 180 (an LP, but made out of reson, its such a different sound then anything out there!)
A mexi Fat strat
And a PRS Santana SE

And for my amp situation I run a Fender hot rod deluxe.

So for this is not my problem, as this a great rig, but when it comes to pedals, you guys are the best.

Right now Im running a Dunlop 535q into a Boss DS-2 turbo into an EX small stone and small clone.
So I have that bases covered.

I have 200 dollars, and maybe more soon( my Bdays coming up) and I would like to know what you guys would add to that chain!! Please suggest just up to 200 dollars max because that is all I have at the moment.
Also, how do pedal supply chains work to power the pedals, and will all them get powered? Ive been looking for one, but with your suggestions and tips with the new pedals, plus what I have, I would love to run it without all these damn cables I have.

Oh and by the way, I play most forms of rock, but my sound is basically a cross between Eric clapton/30 seconds to mars/incubus/thrice. I know theres alot of different there, but basically blues rock to modern/alt rock( and dont say get rid of the fender, I love it, and it works great)

Oh and this last question, is there anyway to hook up my fender to an extension cab?? I know this is alot, but any help would be greatly appricated!!!!

And just some Ideas I had for pedals would be a delay, a good overdrive, maybe a fuzz?

Thanks
Ted
Founder of the Trombone>Sax>all club, pm me my fellow 'boners!!

we hit harder than anyone else. Ug's lacrosse club, pm me or hrdcorelaxplaya to join!
Last edited by bob311 at Jan 20, 2007,
phaser (mxr phaser 90) cant go wrong their.

and yes you can hook it up to a cab, their should be a speaker out/extension cab input somewhere at the back, buy a cab that has matching Ohms and their you go!

Well unless you solo delay wouldnt be too nessacery!
well I do, Im a lead guitarist( but I do everything) and I love delays, and that would be my first choice out of anything. I love my small stone( flanger) so I dont think I need to go that route

we hit harder than anyone else. Ug's lacrosse club, pm me or hrdcorelaxplaya to join!
well, name them all!! I need to know what YOU guys would personally use in my case so I could go and try them out and be prepared! And any personal insight into any one of these pedals which you suggest would be great too!!!

how is the ibanez ts9?? Any other suggestions???

bump

TS-9 might be nice. I don't think the Hot Rod has an output for a cab, so you'd have to do it yourself. Basically, just hook up a 1/4 inch jack to the wires going from your amp to your speakers, then hook that into your cab.
besides the ts9, what other suggestions??

the analogman modded DOD 250 is great, nice smooth pedal, and no more expensive than a TS9.

an EQ pedal wouldn't be horrible, and save some money for a visual sound one spot. best power supply ever.
Quote by corduroyEW
Cheap amps are "that bad". They suck up your tone like cocaine at Kate Moss' party.

I am Michael!
how would that work? I mean with all the different inputs, like my 2 EH pedals, my boss and dunlop, plus probably 1 or 2 ibanez, maybe a danelectro, ex.

200$, you play rock, and you have a phaser, a wah, a distortion, and a chorus.

I'd say first a danelectro fish and chips EQ, and use it as a passive pedal (set your EQ, and dont stomp on it as it's cheap.
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Danelectro-DJ14-Fish-and-Chips-7Band-EQ-Pedal?sku=151873

Now you have 170 left. I'd go for a DD6, and with your birthday stuff get a OD, depending on what you have left.
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Boss-DD6-Digital-Delay-Guitar-Effects-Pedal?sku=151302

Possible OD's
MaxonOD9-http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Maxon-OD9-Overdrive-Effects-Pedal?sku=155056
Maxon808-http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Maxon-OD808-Overdrive?sku=155025
IbanezTS9-http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Ibanez-TS9-Tube-Screamer-Effects-Pedal-Original-Reissue?sku=150284
IbanezTS808-http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Ibanez-TS808-Vintage-Tube-Screamer-Reissue?sku=150343

Yes these are very similar, but also very different. and some of the most sought after OD's

Others...
Boss SD1
maybe a muff
Jekyll and hide??

This all comes down to your tone....and how much money you have in your pocket....

Those would be the ones I'd consider, but you may find your own little jem...

Hope I helped
Quote by thundrstruk891
do EXACTLY what rock savior said.

EXACTLY.

Quote by SGKIDD
^^ X2,00,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000

To me

Member of the 'Guitarists Born In 1991' Club. PM greendayguitar or blues_rocker to join.
ok ive narrowed it down to a few, so let me here what you guys think!!PS. I would like to only get one in each catagory.

OD:
The Maxon OD-9
TS-9
Bad Monkey

Delay/echo
Boss DD-6
Ibanez DE7
Ibanez AD9
Danelectro Reel Echo( but looking for a delay first and foremost)

EQ
danelectro fish and chips( ive been told just to use it as a passive pedal)

Fuzz
Muff
I have no clue as to what else.

Thanks alot, I hope you guys can help me out!!!

well, the one spot comes with adaptors for different power jacks. mine fits the old 1/8" DOD, morley, boss, new DOD, basically anything.
Quote by corduroyEW
Cheap amps are "that bad". They suck up your tone like cocaine at Kate Moss' party.

I am Michael!
bump!