Today i paid a visit to the local guitar store, and took a look at the new line of Ibanez guitars, I picked one up, and to my surprise, it was the thinnest body i've ever seen. It couldn't have been more than an inch and a half thick, i didn't get to try it out for sound (some jackass metalhead was in the tryout room shredding random shit for like an hour, the bastard), so i was wondering if any of you have tried it, what does it sound like? personally, i like a nice thick body, it felt awkward having the neck heavier than the body. comments?
wow that is one completely unbalanced guitar if the neck is seriously heavier than the body
Quote by Izdigger
Arrrgh! The agony! Bring me a virgin and a cup of Devil's brew!

Quote by mr kipling
I can sweep with my boner.I have to use light strings, otherwise My penis will look like an emo wrist.
My ibanez isnt heavy at all. Itrs like 2.5 inches to 1.5 inches thick, depending where ur measuring. Its amazing l luv the thing.
Guitars:
Ibanez RG4EX1
Epiphone SG w/EMG's

Amps:
Peavey Windsor Head w/ JSX Cab
MicroCube (for the sake of practice at college)

Pedals :
Fulltone Full Drive 2 Mosfet
Digitech Whammy
Dunlop Crybaby
S series... its not new
Quote by fil69
Hu r emos???

Quote by .Sidewinder.
could someone translate that last post for me please?
Thats odd,
My S is perfectly balanced...
[Founder of the Ibanez S players club.] Pm Me to Join
It's an S, they're not new, they've been around for 10+ years. They're awesome, despite it's thin body, you can get some really heavy tones.

I love my S.
You want a thin guitar? Get a Parker.
Dimebag is overrated. Sue me.
Quote by Slaiv
You want a thin guitar? Get a Parker.

i've played a parker PM.. and it wasn't thin...
is a fly/mojo really thin then?
[Founder of the Ibanez S players club.] Pm Me to Join
I prefer bigger bodies, because thin guitars cant support my man titties... wait what?
I'm back, you douchebags.
Quote by i'm a noob
Today i paid a visit to the local guitar store, and took a look at the new line of Ibanez guitars, I picked one up, and to my surprise, it was the thinnest body i've ever seen. It couldn't have been more than an inch and a half thick, i didn't get to try it out for sound (some jackass metalhead was in the tryout room shredding random shit for like an hour, the bastard), so i was wondering if any of you have tried it, what does it sound like? personally, i like a nice thick body, it felt awkward having the neck heavier than the body. comments?

Okay, that metalhead comment just made me lose all respect that I might have had for you. Plus, why the hell were you looking at Ibanezes, arguably a metal guitar, if you don't like metal? I mean, yeah, they have Artcores and Artists, but they sell mostly metal guitars.
Why not try as much as you can? Its good to have experience with everything you can.
I'm back, you douchebags.
Quote by One Way Ticket
Why not try as much as you can? Its good to have experience with everything you can.

Ibanezes have specs that make them more suitable for metal, such as high-output pickups, very flat fretboards, thin necks, and Floyd-style bridges. I mean, a classic rock dude should look at Ibanez's Artist series or something, as they're meant for that style.
or... he should look at watever he wants.... ever think he might have not gone to buy one?
Quote by TJM2482
It's an S, they're not new, they've been around for 10+ years. They're awesome, despite it's thin body, you can get some really heavy tones.

I love my S.

You know that lavender guitar you got? I almost got the exact same one, used. Didn't like it as much as the Les Paul, just sayin...
Quote by Holy Katana
Okay, that metalhead comment just made me lose all respect that I might have had for you. Plus, why the hell were you looking at Ibanezes, arguably a metal guitar, if you don't like metal? I mean, yeah, they have Artcores and Artists, but they sell mostly metal guitars.

That kid was performing a variety of terribly played slayer songs, with the distortion easily on 8, and he was playing so loud you could hear him in the accoustic section (a ways away, and through 2 walls.) so I would say he is a metalhead. And the Ibanez section was right next to the Aerodyne strats i was looking at and i was just checking around.
Quote by i'm a noob
That kid was performing a variety of terribly played slayer songs, with the distortion easily on 8, and he was playing so loud you could hear him in the accoustic section (a ways away, and through 2 walls.) so I would say he is a metalhead. And the Ibanez section was right next to the Aerodyne strats i was looking at and i was just checking around.

And I'm a metalhead as well. Secondly, what's wrong with the distortion on 8? It's all personal preference.