Ive tried learning scales already and cant read them because i know no theory and cant read music at all. Im trying to figure out a couple of blues scales to incorporate into a solo. I also dont really no where different keys start so that the solo matches the rythm, would it be possible for anyone to tab out a couple of scales that i could use. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
E:

e--------------------------------------------0
B-------------------------------------0--3--
G--------------------------0--2--3----------
D-------------------0--2---------------------
A--------0--1--2-----------------------------
E--0--3---------------------------------------

just shift that pattern up to higher frets to change the key
Proud owner of a Gibby LP Custom and an all-original Vintage '62 Fender Jag

Quote by richwatkinson
Give 10 UGers a rope and ask them to pull. 4 will push, 1 will ask for buttsecks, 2 will tell you get an Ibanez and the last 3 will start complaining about Line6 Spiders.
what does the pentatonic scale look like, ive heard people using it but im clueless, ive been playing for 3 yrs, but never had any teacher and now im trying to learn music and not noise if you no what im saying.
Quote by Saltydog914
what does the pentatonic scale look like, ive heard people using it but im clueless, ive been playing for 3 yrs, but never had any teacher and now im trying to learn music and not noise if you no what im saying.

sames as blues minus the 1 on the A string and the 3 on the G string

it will be E minor pentatonic if you start on the E, or G major pentatonic if you start on the G
Proud owner of a Gibby LP Custom and an all-original Vintage '62 Fender Jag

Quote by richwatkinson
Give 10 UGers a rope and ask them to pull. 4 will push, 1 will ask for buttsecks, 2 will tell you get an Ibanez and the last 3 will start complaining about Line6 Spiders.
I'm not getting on you or anything, but learn the theory. It's not hard. Start with C. Learn how the major scale goes whole step, whole step, half, whole, whole, whole, half. Sp C - D - E - F - G - A - B - C. Once you read a few articles on that, you can move on to the minor scare and a pentatonic is just 5 notes of the pentatonic scale.

This is stuff every guitar player should know. I understand that a lot of great players will tell you they know zero theory, but I would be very surprised if they don't knowe this.

The Dog
Gibson Les Paul Custom Zakk Wylde
Epiphone LP Custom
Squier Stratocaster (1989) - First Guitar
Squier Stagemaster FR
Stellar LP Copy
Ibanez Artcore 78T
Homemade 7 watt + custom cab
Peavey Classic 30 with 112 Ext.
Roland Blues Cube BC30