Hey guys, I was just wondering about stand up comedians, do they write out their preformance before they do it, or is most of it just jokes and they improv when to use those jokes. I was just wondering because it seems so hard to figure it out. What do you think
Quote by Qazxs
I got kicked out of a Mac store when me and my friends simultaneously put on meatspin on all of the computers in the store. Some eleven or twelve year old looking girls there freaked out.
it varies between comedians. I would say most write down a list of jokes that they want to tell beforehand and then improve the transitions between the jokes.
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."-Duke
it depends on the comic, but i think most of them write their own jokes. i know dane cook writes his own jokes and then just wings in on stage.
Gear
Epiphone Les Paul 100
Ibanez Jump Start
Fender Acoustic
Ibanez Tone Blaster 100 Head
Hartke 412 Cab
Boss Chromatic Tuner Pedal
Boss Noise Suppressor
Ibanez Weaping Demon
I love stand up comedy, I want to be one, so this is why I started the thread, plius I think it's interesting how the comedians come up with their jokes and how to use them onstage
Quote by Qazxs
I got kicked out of a Mac store when me and my friends simultaneously put on meatspin on all of the computers in the store. Some eleven or twelve year old looking girls there freaked out.
lee evans writes his own...then remembers it all then just comes out with it when it's appropriate
The sex offenders register.. personally, i don't even think they should be in school.
Quote by guitar_freak333
Hey guys, I was just wondering about stand up comedians, do they write out their preformance before they do it, or is most of it just jokes and they improv when to use those jokes. I was just wondering because it seems so hard to figure it out. What do you think

Generally they write out and memorize a base plan of jokes that they can work with, but are not held to.

Unless it's an improv night, then it's....improv.
Quote by noxiosimitator
I play guitar long then half the people here .. and I suck double as much

EDIT: on the guitar
EDIT EDIT: in playing with my guitar
EDIT EDIT EDIT: I give up
Quote by spazzymagee417
i found this guy demetri martin. he's really funny (yes i know, comedians are supposed to be funny). there's some good stuff on youtube about him. check it.

I actually saw the special on Comedy Central a couple of days ago, it was pretty damn funny. Now I can't wait until January 28th for stand up comedy day.
Quote by Qazxs
Quote by Liarsenic12
it depends on the comic, but i think most of them write their own jokes. i know dane cook writes his own jokes and then just wings in on stage.

Correction, Dane Cooks steals other peoples jokes and looks like a complete ass onstage. God I hate Dane Cook.