i was just at long and mcquade and was trying out a ephiphone les paul standard.

i like the feel but when i do powerchords or alternative pick it sounds really crappy(all guitars at store sound like that) The guitars were abit out of tune. Is it possible that strings could be bad quality?
Quote by thebroken
No, but one time satan came out of my air vent and started playing death metal. That, or I should stop drinking.
Quote by ShredGod George
tell a doctor, the pit'll have you putting icyhot on your penis before the nights over
Yes. you have to usually tune the strings yourself everything you play it (i wouldn't bother with floyd rose).

Well, they are usually not set up, so they probably have bad intonation and bad action etc. Don't worry, when you buy it, they will usually set it up for you too.
stock strings are never great. with that said, it's really hard to keep guitars in tune at a store with more than 30 on the wall.

when im shopping for a guitar i usually bring along a pocket vibration tuner.
intellitouch headstock clip on tuner. $30.

i use it all the time for my acoustics. found it really useful when guitar shopping.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
LAf, yeah, sometimes it's a little loud in the store to tune by ear. even for real men.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Pft, Jenny scares me, that makes her a real man. Having perfect pitch just makes you a freak of nature

Yeah, you definitely need to take along a tuner, otherwise of course it'll sound like crap.
Gibson SG Standard
Fender 52 RI Telecaster
'77 Deluxe Reverb
Sunface w/ SunDial
MXR Carbon Copy
Crybaby

Quote by Sid McCall
Epic win. He speaks the truth, boys and girls.

Founder of the Neutral Milk Hotel club PM to join~
Then you go to the nearest tube amp and blast Stairway until a floor manager brings you a tuner.

Duh.
I AM NOT A FREAK OF NATURE
*continues ritual*
Still smiling at a little funny I made.
Real men tune by ear @ Jenny.

If you can't tune it, then get the sales to do it for you, but it makes you look like a noob. Just tune up as loud as you can, be a prick. It's your right.

Real men tune loudly.
Usually it's too loud to tune by ear so I walk over to the Line 6 Spiders and use the built in tuner and then go to another amp. All they're good for
same with mine when i bought it.
i tested it on a JCM, and the action was so low that it buzzed, and they use the most horrible strings possible, and it was out of tune.
i bought it, changed the strings to 11-52 guage, and raised the action a bit.
Quote by ImSheddingSkin
your avatar rules