hey , im stuck at changing chords quickly , lets say C to F major or G to C....any advice or tips?

pls dont say 'practice' cos im already doing it everyday
just move your fingers back from the 2 chords you cant do and keep repeating but with out hitting any strings
just the finger motions
hope this helps
dude practice is the only answer your gonna get
My Gear:

Electrics:
Ashton AG132
Ibanez GSZ-120 SV
ESP LTD 351-D

Electric Amps:
Ashton GA100
Fender Mini Deluxe

Member of the AUSTRALIA FTW! Club. PM Alter-Bridge to join. Australians only
eh...all I can say is find the "pivot" notes.
The ones where your finger doesn't need to move from one chord to the next.
(Like the C to F the 1st fret on the B string stays down)

So just try to base it off that as much as you can.

Or G to C you have the

--2---
--3---

that just shifts up a string.

Really...there is not much to say but to practice.

And specifically...those are very common chord changes.
You'll back on this and laugh that you couldnt do it
Quote by sluffinator
Yeh this guy knows his ****... just listen to him XD

Quote by ScreamingCheeto
NaivexLi is anything but naive. His post was a pretty good source of info.

Thanks

Quote by MightyAl

Pro tip, kids - girls are NOT impressed by your blood.
I know you dont want to hear it but... practice. The more you do it the easier itll get, i had the problem when i first started, it was frustrating as hell trying to change chords but as time goes on and if youre practicing then itll come to you. Trust me, itll come to you, just give it time, have patience...
Pattern the chords. This works wonders for me:
Get your fingers used to one chord by lifting your fingers on and off of one chord, say a G major. When you get to the point that you can take them off and replace them relatively quickly and without having to look at your hands and without screwing up, move on to the second chord, say a C major.
Small steps is the best way, and when your fingers and "muscle memory" becomes comfortable with a chord, then you'll be ready to start practicing changing between the chords.
going on a year now and they're exactly right, it's all muscle memory and that comes from hours and hours of practice
Practice Practice Practice my friend

When I first learned Barre Chords, it would take me 10 seconds to changer for the next chord, then the next day it was 8 seconds, then 6 seconds etc etc

Time yourself and see, I bet you will slowly be improving.
Cole Clark FL1AC Acoustic

Quote by 2007 Stupidity Awards

Instead of using Valves, could I use Light Bulbs instead? If so, would the new energy saving ones be OK? Coz I do a lot of playing

I got my pick stuck inside my guitar . . . . how am I supposed to get it out?
Listen to Yagushgi

he put it pretty well, thats actually what my guitar teacher told me when I did all this stuff.

I've been playing for.... 6 years now? something along those lines.
Quote by sluffinator
Yeh this guy knows his ****... just listen to him XD

Quote by ScreamingCheeto
NaivexLi is anything but naive. His post was a pretty good source of info.

Thanks

Quote by MightyAl

Pro tip, kids - girls are NOT impressed by your blood.
wow i havent even touch 4 months...lol

takes about 1 or 2 seconds to change between easy open chords , about 4 seconds for barre and max speed 69 i think....man i suk

im self taught so im kinda lost

yagushgi?
Last edited by svrockstar at Jan 21, 2007,
One thing I've read that seems to work is starting with your weak fingers when you're making chords. Once they're familiar chords it'll be easy to switch, but when you're learning them, set your pinky down first, then your ring finger, then your middle finger, then your index finger.
Shine on diamond eyes.
Drink a mixture of milk and lemon juice. Do groin stretches and masturbate furiously before playing.

That should help you change from C to F major.

However, from G to C, you're going to have to go through a 3 day fast with your left hand constantly on your right testicle for the entirety of that 3 day fast.
Quote by fsb_ben
Drink a mixture of milk and lemon juice. Do groin stretches and masturbate furiously before playing.

That should help you change from C to F major.

However, from G to C, you're going to have to go through a 3 day fast with your left hand constantly on your right testicle for the entirety of that 3 day fast.

(your bad)
Cole Clark FL1AC Acoustic

Quote by 2007 Stupidity Awards

Instead of using Valves, could I use Light Bulbs instead? If so, would the new energy saving ones be OK? Coz I do a lot of playing

I got my pick stuck inside my guitar . . . . how am I supposed to get it out?
thx fsh_ben .... i have done what you said and i can now switch chords in 0.00001 second

but my left hand is turning blue and my balls are red and swollen
Quote by svrockstar
thx fsh_ben .... i have done what you said and i can now switch chords in 0.00001 second

but my left hand is turning blue and my balls are red and swollen

At least you dont have blue balls with a red and swollen hand LMAO
Sorry folks, but after the last few posts I had to let you know I've been reading this and laughing my little white arse off. Thanks for the giggles and keep up the good work.