I've been told by a friend of mine (he is a drummer), that lars ulrich uses a drum machine to play double bass parts beacuse he isnt able to do it himself... any conformations of this or any idea where this idea would come from if you know it isnt true?
Quote by fil69
Hu r emos???

Quote by .Sidewinder.
could someone translate that last post for me please?
Of course it's true, he's only been doing metal drumming for about 20 years now, I'm sure he's a noob and sucks in general.

Jackson DKMG & KE3, Fender Mexican Strat, Stagg Acoustic

Boss Compressor & Chorus, Dunlop Crybaby, Behringer Delay, ISP Decimator, Ibanez Tubescreamer

Laney TT50H, Marshall 1960A, Roland Cube 15

Looking to jam in Belfast, PM me!
Quote by The Casualty
Slap your friend.

lol
Quote by fil69
Hu r emos???

Quote by .Sidewinder.
Quote by ar73m
Of course it's true, he's only been doing metal drumming for about 20 years now, I'm sure he's a noob and sucks in general.

haha 20 points for you
Quote by gwtkof
did lars lose a leg or something?

not that i know of
Quote by fil69
Hu r emos???

Quote by .Sidewinder.
he might. lots of drummers use double bass drum machines live, it keeps them from messing up and ruining the song. cause when the drummer ****s up, everyone ****s up.
Quote by ar73m

well i had to ask cuz i havent found anything to confirm this... but i dont think he was just saying this for no reason
Quote by fil69
Hu r emos???

Quote by .Sidewinder.
Lars doesn't use a drum machine for his double bass. This type of shit is said about Lars because lots of people hate him because of Napster. Lars is very hated it seems nowadays and it seems to me that it all stems from that. Lars is an awesome drummer to this day.
Quote by zackk
seriously though, listen to DaliLama.
Quote by Arthur Curry
My spidey sense tells me some mothafuckas are gonna be BANNED.
Kill your friend. He's a liar. Listen to Megadeth's "When". It was describing your dipshit, retarded 'friend'.
METALLICA
MACHINE HEAD

JANUARY 13TH

JOE LOUIS ARENA

Quote by Jehuty
It's not rape if you yell surprise.

Quote by ZanasCross
Girls his dad's age rarely still have nice asses. Gravity attacks.
Quote by DownbëloW
he might. lots of drummers use double bass drum machines live, it keeps them from messing up and ruining the song. cause when the drummer ****s up, everyone ****s up.

i didnt know some drummers did that... can ya name any?
Quote by fil69
Hu r emos???

Quote by .Sidewinder.
Not that I know of...

He's not a great drummer by any stretch of the imagination, but he doesn't use drum machines. As far as I know, he doesn't even trigger.
Quote by AngelOfSorrow
Kill your friend. He's a liar. Listen to Megadeth's "When". It was describing your dipshit, retarded 'friend'.

well that song seems to be describeing someone who is back stabbing... and i dont see him backstabbing anyone cuz hes more of a john bonham guy
Quote by fil69
Hu r emos???

Quote by .Sidewinder.
hell no. watch stuff live from metallica
“Broken hearts never mend”.
But fools never move on.
Quote by Strat_Player
i didnt know some drummers did that... can ya name any?

dave of dragonforce uses a double bass drum machine live.
Quote by AngelOfSorrow

yo im a megadeth fan but "when".... omg they went to far. what a rip off of am i evil

****ING HELL MEGADETH
“Broken hearts never mend”.
But fools never move on.
tell your friend to watch metallica live and then apologize to lars in person, and if not, then he should stfu and never speak again. he does not deserve to call himself a drummer.

Edit... or a person for that matter.
Gear:
Ibanez S520EX EMG 81/85
Ibanez RG350MP
Fender acoustic (Black)

Peavey Vypyr 15
Peavey 6505 212 combo
Last edited by PlayTheMetal at Jan 21, 2007,
i dont think its because he cant do it, its more that lars is quite short and his legs dont really reach the pedals
My Musical attempts

My youtube music channel

Quote by TOMMYB22
Dammit, beaten to it, and by someone with the same name

CURSE YOU TOMMYT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote by daeqwon10000
I hate tommyt and the high horse which he rides upon
Quote by tommyt
i dont think its because he cant do it, its more that lars is quite short and his legs dont really reach the pedals

I'd hate to see him drive a car.
Quote by fukyu1980
LOL ! muther fuker i was gonna say that LOL!
there are VIDEOS of him double-bassing. how dumb can your friend be?
METALLICA.
Quote by Metal_Rich
I'd hate to see him drive a car.

he had one made for him .... cos he's special
My Musical attempts

My youtube music channel

Quote by TOMMYB22

Quote by daeqwon10000
Yeah, these are just rumours. Some kid I know claimed that he just detuned his low tom and passed it off as double bass. That said, he can't play that one song from AJFA with all the double bass live.
Dead soldier! Go now to Valhalla!
Quote by Gman400
Yeah, these are just rumours. Some kid I know claimed that he just detuned his low tom and passed it off as double bass. That said, he can't play that one song from AJFA with all the double bass live.

dyers eve?
My Musical attempts

My youtube music channel

Quote by TOMMYB22

Quote by daeqwon10000
Quote by seokorn
yo im a megadeth fan but "when".... omg they went to far. what a rip off of am i evil

****ING HELL MEGADETH

That song was a Diamond Head cover, as was the whole album.
Quote by the glue man
That song was a Diamond Head cover, as was the whole album.

Pwnt
Quote by fukyu1980
LOL ! muther fuker i was gonna say that LOL!
It's funny how so many people are dissing on Metallica sucking, yet while I do agree that their songwritting lately (Load/Reload/St.Anger) wasn't as great as it could have been, it's still not as bad as all the other crap out there and at least it has a distinct style of it's own, AND, regardless of how much people might hate Metallica, they're all pretty damn decent musicians technique-wise?

Kirk might not be the best shredder in the world, but he is good enough for what he does, he's definitely not sloppy and he does a good perfomance all the time; Hetfield's rhythm playing is absolutely awesome, combined with the fact he has great vocals AND does it at the same time, that's pretty cool; and Lars is one wicked drummer however much people may hate him for Napster or w/e else (well, minus using trash cans for drums, )

Anyway, tell your friend to jump off the retard bandwagon and stfu.

Boss Compressor & Chorus, Dunlop Crybaby, Behringer Delay, ISP Decimator, Ibanez Tubescreamer

Quote by ar73m

Closer to 30.
Quote by dudetheman
So what? I wasted like 5 minutes watching DaddyTwoFoot's avatar.

Metalheads are the worst thing that ever happened to metal.
Quote by DaddyTwoFoot
Closer to 30.

Well I'm only counting the Metallica years, it's been like 25 or so for them now, I think? Obviously he spent more than a year drumming prior to their first album release so yeah it's probably like 30-35 now.

Quote by ar73m
combined with the fact he has great vocals AND does it at the same time, that's pretty cool.

A Bigger Bang with Metallica anybody?
This one time I went to fuck my girlfriend, but I forgot it was April Fool's day. Well, I stuck my penis in, and it turns out she had put hot sauce in her pussy. The rest of the night was pretty bad.

0.999... = 1
Meh, I love Lars. So what about the napster thing? Just download it free with Limewire and you'll be just fine
Quote by Musketeer(s)
A Bigger Bang with Metallica anybody?

Quote by ar73m

Its the Rolling Stones show where Metallica opened. Hetfield sounded like shite
This one time I went to fuck my girlfriend, but I forgot it was April Fool's day. Well, I stuck my penis in, and it turns out she had put hot sauce in her pussy. The rest of the night was pretty bad.

0.999... = 1