Okay so recently i've been having some problems with my newest addition. (Carvin DC400) in that at loud volumes it becomes SUPER squealy, in that pretty much anytime i'm not playing a note (i.e. picking the string) it gives off an ear-piercing eye-squinting shriek like a nasgul from Lord of the Rings.

Any idea on how to fix it? The only changes I made are I slightly raised the tune-o-matic bridge, and changed the pickup rings from black to gold. Also changed the pots to gold pots w/ abalone tops, and changed the mico switcher cap from black to gold, and gold leafed the white lettering of my name on the truss rod cover.

All of which, to my knowledge, wouldn't in anyway have this kind of affect. Any ideas?
My Band - Validus - Our Myspace
---
-Carvin DC400/DC200/DC727/CM140
-Ibanez JEM
-Gibson Exp. Gothic
-Custom V (Inc.)
---
-Splawn Nitro
-Carvin x100b
-Marshall JCM2k
-Meteora M.A.K. 3k
---
-Engl PRO 4x12
-Marshall 4x12/2x12
-Carvin 4x12
Anybody??????
---
-Ibanez JEM
-Gibson Exp. Gothic
-Custom V (Inc.)
---
-Splawn Nitro
-Carvin x100b
-Marshall JCM2k
-Meteora M.A.K. 3k
---
-Engl PRO 4x12
-Marshall 4x12/2x12
-Carvin 4x12
Exactly how loud are you playing it? At 10? It may not be grounded very well.
We're only strays.
Move away from it? On my amp with low volume, I can sit right next to it; anything past five and I need to be a couple of metres away, lest high pitched feedback kills me.
It may not be the guitar...have you thought about feedback? You're playing through your JCM, I would assume?

Do you get the squeal when you have the gain turned down, or when you're standing as far away as possible?

Hey guys! I just started playing electric guitar should I get a Gabson Lay Pall or a Femdor Startokaster. I like the picks on the gabsons but i like how sweet femdors look. Beforre i get a gabson what company makes them?
I've tried the distance, it's not regular feedback, like it's not a specific note that's ringing out (like normal feedback)

I still do get that ONTOP of the squealing if I move closer to my amp.

But this other squeal distance has nothing to do with it, i've walked as far as my 20' (heh 20') cable would let me and it didn't change, if it did it was unoticabley small.

The JCM is turned up to 10, and the POD XTL is maxed in volumes + level, BUT i have a power brake on and it's only 3 clicks from the max brake (meaning 3 clicks away from quietest setting) so it's not like it's breaking windows or anything. It's just loud enough to hear over the drums our drummer's playing.
---
-Ibanez JEM
-Gibson Exp. Gothic
-Custom V (Inc.)
---
-Splawn Nitro
-Carvin x100b
-Marshall JCM2k
-Meteora M.A.K. 3k
---