I like the looks of Artcores, i'm a fan of "big" guitars. I was wondering, are they mainly for jazz? I was thinking of buying one and swapping the pickups for a classic rock/blues guitar.

Im not sure how the electronics work in a semi-hollow. Would it be possible to get that sound from an Artcore?
well.. If you want a "big" guitar, but want to use a bit of distortion, or overdrive.. get a "semi-hollow" artcore.. They have a solid center strip of wood, which reduces feedback, but retains that hollow tone (albeit, a little less)...

Semi Hollow Electronics are very similar to solid body electronics except the knobs are mounted just a wee bit differently...
[Founder of the Ibanez S players club.] Pm Me to Join
ive played punk on a semi-hollow, and they work great for blues. you just gotta watch it with higer gain because they feed back like crazy.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
I wont be using high gain. I would use it strictly as a blues/classic rock guitar.
Quote by TJM2482
I wont be using high gain. I would use it strictly as a blues/classic rock guitar.

yah..
just make sure you get the semi hollow though...
Those will be perfect for that blues/classic rock sound...
if it works for ted nugent and BB King it will work for you, though you might to install better pickups the ones on the artcores arent all that great.

Last.fm
Yes if I were to get an Artcore I would definitely swap the pickups. The only semi-hollows dont looks that great, the ones I like are all hollow.

What pickups would work well with an Artcore, and be good for blues and classic rock?
Quote by TJM2482
Yes if I were to get an Artcore I would definitely swap the pickups. The only semi-hollows dont looks that great, the ones I like are all hollow.

What pickups would work well with an Artcore, and be good for blues and classic rock?

hmm
I'm not sure about full on hollows for anything more than jazz..
go try one..

also pickup wise.. any low-output pickup really.. and maybe PAF style pickups
personally, i would go for gibson burstbuckers, since they are essentially replicas of gibsons old PAF pups that where in pretty much all of the old classic rock and blues guitars (of the people who used gibsons.)

and in terms of tone, semi-hollows are the only way to go if you use any type of overdrive.

Last.fm
Quote by Striketalonx
hmm
I'm not sure about full on hollows for anything more than jazz..
go try one..

also pickup wise.. any low-output pickup really.. and maybe PAF style pickups

Plenty of people use full hollow bodies for punk and rock and just about everybody who plays rockabilly or psychobilly plays a hollow body guitar. Some humbucker sized p90's would be great for blues and classic rock. If I switch out the pickups on my artcore, I'm definitely going with p90's.
Quote by CowsWithGuns
And the facade of heterosexualism in the punk and ska forum came crashing down like a fat girl falling off a balcony...
My guitar teacher plays an Artcore, and he plays a lot of blues and classic rock. He switched the pickups out with Seymour Duncans, I don't know which kind though.
-Fender American Series Stratocaster
-Fender Hot Rod Deluxe Amp

Rock, Jazz, Blues, and Funk
I played one at Guitar Center and I liked it a lot. I was considering buying one and changing the pups. It would work great for overdriven blues
I've got an Ibanez AFS75T TRD full-hollow body which is basically a copy of a Gibson 335. I don't like jazz so have never played any on it but its great for blues.
Running it through by behringer amp with medium distortion I got a really solid rock tone, almost like an SG but a little thinner. I would happily gig with it to play classic rock such as AC/DC. You just have to watch you don't stand too close to your amp coz it feeds back like a bitch; saying that, this does allow you to do some really cool tricks with harmonics.
Dave Mustain has wrote some of the most amazing solos...
That he can't actually play!
I use mine as my main guitar in a band that I'd describe as Pink Floyd sitting in a shed in the middle of a forest in Poland playing Led Zeppelin songs in the style of My Bloody Valentine, and it does the job fine. Mine's an AFS77 by the way, which is a thinline fully-hollow job.
╠═══════╬═══════╣

FUZZY FLATPICKER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Enjoy occasionally controversial ramblings related to guitars? I have a blog which meets these criteria.