Poll Options
View poll results: Which Is Better?
The Ashdown
9 43%
The GK
12 57%
Voters: 21.
Im getting a new bass amp. i have 400 dollars to spend. I have two that i like

this: http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Ashdown-Electric-Blue-12180-Combo-Bass-Amp?sku=485036

and this: http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/GallienKrueger-Brat-Pack-HalfStack-Bass-Amp-Package?sku=482546

i also plan to buy a new cable and some type of apedal. any suggestions?
GEAR
Guitar
Ibanez RG42DX
Peavey Valveking100
Avatar 4x12 cabinet w/ Celestion Vintage 30's
Line 6 Spider 3
DOD Flanger
Ernie Ball Strings
Bass
Dean Edge 4
Peavey TNT 135
GHS Strings
Looking at the reviews for each, that particular GK looks a little disappointing.
And yet, to me, what is this quintessence of dust? Man delights not me: no, nor woman neither... nor women neither.
I use one of those ashdowns at band practices and it is a really nice amp for the price
Quote by Bumper
Looks like you had a big bowl of Downs Syndrome for breakfast.

Member of the Bass Militia, PM Nutter_101 to join

Lover of Ashdown? Join the Ashdown Army!
i have an ashdown amazing quality, was gonna get the 15" of that amp but then my dads mate went to the shop with us and got a good deal on a MAG 300 but GK is in most ppls eyes a better brand.
go for the ashdown. definitely. GK usually make a better amp but in this situation ashdown win.

on the effects front, i'd suggest a korg ax10b. fairly versatile and it's among the better multi-effects out there.
Check out 8-Bit Trip!
www.myspace.com/8BitTrip

-·-·-·[ Music Squirrel ]·-·-·-

Also, get on my profile and friend me, bitches!
Oh, yeah. If you can get a good deal on a MAG, never look back. Fantastic amps.
And yet, to me, what is this quintessence of dust? Man delights not me: no, nor woman neither... nor women neither.
I'd say ashdown, if you had like 1500 I'd say go to a music store and order a warwick amp, I have a warwick halfstack I got used for 500, it's my only amp, and it kicks ass
Member of the "Shoop Da Woop" club, PM to Join