cool. im not a big fan of megadeth but i have a lot of respect for dave and i love deans
Quote by screamingfool34
people here are idiot.
Quote by Mr_H_MASTER
the only good wahs out there are Slashs, Zacks, and Dimebags.
Quote by evan1234567
im to tired and confused to comprehend what you said.
^Quite the opposite

I like Megadeth but am not a big fan of Dave.... or his ego......
Tone is all ...... well probably 75%, in your fingers.
The rest depends on your wallet's thickness !!

Keep the faith, baby!!
yeh his ego does my head in. A good guitarist but his head is so far up his own ass it must be embarrasing for the rest of megadeth
-----(\__/)-----
------(0--0)-----
-----=\0/=-----

FIGHT THE BAN

SAVE OUR LAMBS
ok...so it looks like his old esp signature with different inlays and differnt shaped headstock. the USA one is cool but the other one is the same! eh w/e i like megadeth and mustain and that gears of war song sounds pretty good.
Quote by Scutchington
I like this guy, he's UG's Greek, and he just told your ass in two paragraphs. And I once spent 5 minutes watching his avatar.

A Brain Malfunction

We'll Never Admit As Defeat
What's so bad about his ego?
Quote by Senor Kristian
Viking fact no. 1: Viking helmets did not have horn.
Viking fact no. 2: Vikings tobogganed on their shields into battle.
Viking fact no. 3: Vikings drank mead.
Viking fact no. 4: One of your ancestors are likely to have been raped by a viking.
I really have no problem with Dave Mustaine per se, just the fact that 2 of his lead guitarists, Marty Friedman and Al Pitrelli smoke his ass out of the water, it annoys me that he gets a signature model guitar and (as far as I know) those two don't.
RE: Al DiMeola
Quote by Bill69

he sucks, why woudlnt u play guitar with a pick? oh ya, thats cuz you suck. kerry king owns whoever this guy is

Member 03 of the Yngwie Malmsteen fanclub PM Yngwie Malmstien to join.
marty friedman had a signature kelly from Jackson a signature model from Carvin and now a signature from Ibanez

The "Re-incarnation of Plato" Award 2009
(most intelligent)
The "Good Samaritan" Award 2009 (most helpful)

[font="Palatino Linotype
Who's Andy Timmons??
Really,I didn't know that....
RE: Al DiMeola
Quote by Bill69

he sucks, why woudlnt u play guitar with a pick? oh ya, thats cuz you suck. kerry king owns whoever this guy is

Member 03 of the Yngwie Malmsteen fanclub PM Yngwie Malmstien to join.
Ok...it looks exactly like all the other guitars he's used...
hue
Last edited by sock_demon at Jan 24, 2007,
Marty >>>>>>>>>>>>> Dave........ !!!

Marty >>>>>>>>>> any Megadeth guitarist.......
Tone is all ...... well probably 75%, in your fingers.
The rest depends on your wallet's thickness !!

Keep the faith, baby!!
can I just ask why this is in the 80s rock, shred and prog forum?

ok megadeth started in the 80's but as far as I know theres a megadeth thread in the metal forum.

dont see him as shred (marty friedman yes but Dave...no)

and I dont see megadeth as a prog band.

maybe I'm just missing it completely.
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
On the new DM Dean signature, I heard the headstock gets stuck up the arse end of the guitar, like the man himself.

But seriously though, you know when people get sponsored by something they come out with all the normal tedious crap about 'this company is the best to take me forward' and whatever, but the stuff Mustaine is coming out with about Dean...really insincere and over the top. Have a look on the website to see for yourself, and the radio on the site is all Deth songs!
No one has answered my question yet! Why do people think he is such a dick head, I know a he has an ego but it can't be that bad.
Quote by Senor Kristian
Viking fact no. 1: Viking helmets did not have horn.
Viking fact no. 2: Vikings tobogganed on their shields into battle.
Viking fact no. 3: Vikings drank mead.
Viking fact no. 4: One of your ancestors are likely to have been raped by a viking.
i dont like dean....the play pretty nice but those headstocks man they are fooking huge and i dont really like the way they "exploit" dimebags name by tagging his name on almost every goddamn ML or those new razorbacks but thats just my humble opinion

old megadeth is great though
Mustaine is alsome,
but it must suck to get kicked out of METALLICA
My gear
-----------------------------------------------------------
GIBSON LES PUAL STUDIO
MARSHALL 30MGDFX

other guitars
-WASHBURN ACCOUSTIC
-IBANEZ GSA 60
-BENTLY SERIS 10
Last edited by metal4_themases at Jan 26, 2007,
Quote by HookInMouth
Dave Mustaine does not have en ego problem. only un-educated metallica fans would think so.

your so wrong.
i hate metallica, love megadeth, yet i know dave has an ego problem
look what hes done w/ the line ups, read his interviews ... & worst of all, when he doesnt get his way he finds a way to do it ... (all his sig models ... start w/ jackson)
Rig:
-Jackson Soloist: SL2HT (On its way to Canada)
-Epiphone Les Paul Gothic w/ SD JB (Process of Modding)
-Art & Lutherie Spruce CW
-Dunlop Crybaby (Process of Modding)

For Sale
-Peavey Valveking 112
pm me for info
I admit he may have in the past but for the past few years he's changed a lot. He does so much for his fans, he takes time out of his busy life to make a couple posts every week and let everyone know whats happening, hang around the megadeth forums and you'll see what I'm talking about. If anyone has an ego problem, its lars ulrich. He's been shitting on his fans for years but dave treats us very good.
dave mustaine does have an ego, i wouldn't go so far as to say it's a problem, i think his ego is tamed nowadays, it was just a problem when megadeth was young. dave is awesome though, and i can't wait for united abominations
Quote by Prophet of Page
If Hendrix, Clapton and Page were to jam, the most impressive guitarist playing would be Paul Gilbert.

Member of the "Marty Friedman > You" Club. PM apocalypse13 or altronataku to join

member of the Mitch Hedberg pwns club pm Knives490 to join
None of us has the right to say how he is as a guy, do any of us know him, doubtful. BUT, from the crap he comes out with interviews and what some interviewers have reported his behaviour like, he seems like a gimp. Alright, this might be normal to some of you out there, but anyone who says 'I know I am talented' just like they were passing the time of day is not just confident, they're arrogant! I would never say it to his face though, he's a master of some sort of martial art.
I don't like really like Dean guitars. ESPs are better.
I can't make up my mind how I feel about Dave, he's an interesting guy I guess. His vocals are awful but funny; his music is not amazing, but great at the same time. I think at the end of the day I love the guy and love Megadeth regardless.
i think hes really onlky good at rhythm guitar.

and dean guitars suck, every single dean ive played was crap
Member #8 of the "Marty Friedman > You" Club. PM apocalypse13 or altronataku to join
WTF!?

Was ESP not good enough for him?

Dean's way over-rated now. Sure, when Dime was using their guitars, it was dandy-diddly fine, but now every other guitarist's moving to them!

*PS: Please buy me a Dean Dime Razorback =) *
You simply MUST check out my music on
Reverbnation Downloads available here
Myspace Streaming Only

Especially for fans of Tool, APC, Avant-Garde, Ambient music, rock instrumentals, and fans of music in general. Will not disappoint.
He was great on jacksons and esps loved his guitars with them but i dont like the dean

ESP LTD MH-350NT
Hughes & Kettner Switchblade 100
Orange PPC412AD
Seagull S6 Cedar Slim
Manuel Rodríguez C1M

Guitarist of Ravenage
Drummer of Windrider
Solo Project is Aloeswood
The dean that is being marketed as the Mustaine sig model, I hate it, that flamed top looks lame, but the gray one he actually plays rules. As does Mustaine, he's a god among men. He plays rhythm faster and better than 80% of guitarists play lead. He left ESP because of issues with the way his guitars were being handled and marketed, and delivered and a bunch of really stupid things at the end of the day. I'm waiting for his return to Jackson.

And to say the other guitarists get ripped off is just stupid. Dave endorsing a company becomes a package deal for the band, he makes sure no one gets screwed. When he endorsed the KV-1, Marty was given just as many KE-1's. When he went to ESP, ESP made a bunch of guitars to the wishes of Drover, and when he went to Dean they made copies of all Drover's guitars and they made a bunch of bass guitars for Lomenzo.

Oh, and every guitar player has ego, if they don't they need to get one, otherwise what's the point. Playing guitar, and being famous are all about being better, cooler, and more rad than everyone else that has ever lived.
"Shut up and play your guitar" - Frank Zappa

I go to 11.

My Guitar Heros
1. Dave Mustaine
2. Marty Friedman
3. Dimebag
4. Chuck Schuldiner
5. Zakk Wylde
6. Tom Petty
7. Frank Zappa
8. Pete Townshend
9. Steve Vai