soon im going to be purchasing the ampeg SVT AV head (an older tube head, sounds badass) from a friend of mine

the cabinet i played it through at my firends house was also a classic series cabinet

someone once told me that ampeg heads only work well with the right kind of cabinet
is this true?
Soul Collector of the BassMilitia PM Dinkydaisy

Co-leader of The league of toxicity33, Kankuro, Dr. Gonzo Slash, DownInAHole, Synyster Gates, This End Up, and Neil_.

You should've used the Pythagorean Theorem, BITCH

BLALLALALASSISSIS *shank*
Are you aware that SVT's are bass amps?
PRS Dave Navarro signature/Burny RLC-70 - Sonuus Wahoo wah/filter - Vox ToneLabLE - Boss DD-5 - Zoom MS-50G - Modded Ampeg VT-22 100-watt tube head or Peavey VK100 100-watt tube head (6L6GC's in both) - Soldano 4X12 cab w/Eminence Legends.
I assume you're a bassist.
First off, great amp choice.
Dunno.
Lol.
I'm not very active here on UG currently.
I'm a retired Supermod off to the greener pastures of the real world.
Quote by fatgraymatt
Are you aware that SVT's are bass amps?

no i thought it was for guitar, silly me

lets see

i went to his house and played it

surprisingly

ON A BASS

Co-leader of The league of toxicity33, Kankuro, Dr. Gonzo Slash, DownInAHole, Synyster Gates, This End Up, and Neil_.

I'm sure SV's will sound good through anything. I know ampeg has some stuff specifically built for it (8x10 cab) but I seriously doubt that it will sound bad through another cabinent.
Quote by Dave_Mc
For the cost of a Mesa Roadking, I could alternatively purchase Belgium.
alright cool

your right about its sound

its the original model type not the pro series

www.talkbass.com

Theres alot (and I mean ALOT) of people there who know more about this sort of thing and depending on your sound your after can help you!
Quote by Dave_Mc
For the cost of a Mesa Roadking, I could alternatively purchase Belgium.
like every head/cab combo they are specifaclly designed and voiced to work well together, that doesnt mean it wont sound even better or more unique with a different setup, its just if the head sounds like ass through a crappy 4 10 that you found, then you can understand that the head doesnt sound like shit, its just not meant to be played through a shitty 4 10.

our bass player just got an classic anniversary 8 10 ampeg cab, and it sounds amazing. It seems like the ampeg cab is almost an industry cab for most live players, and studio recording. Its hella good, can't go wrong with one IMO.
http://www.theweekendkids.com

Gibson Les Paul Studio w/dirtyfingers pickups
Gibson Joan Jett Melody Maker
VOX ac30 head
Marshall 1960 4x12 cab
Fender Hot Rod Deville