how exactly do you connect you amp to your computer i know it has something to do with midid and i have that on my amp i just dont know how it works or anything so can i get a hand?
Quote by HumBucker666
I get carrot skinned regularly by a electrified carrot skinning device

Quote by ~G{}{}BER~
MUSIC HAS NO RULES
No, it has nothing to do with MIDI. Midi is digital information. Your amp outputs an analog signal. Big difference.

You need either a 1/4" >> 1/8" converter to plug into your comp's input jack, or an analog-digital converter, which run several hundred dollars. It's not cheap to record.
Looking for my India/Django.
actually no my amp is midi ready im not a dumbazz
Quote by HumBucker666

Quote by ~G{}{}BER~
MUSIC HAS NO RULES
midi on your amp is for controlling functions of the amp using a midi controller(ie, floorboard, computer, rack fx, etc.), not carrying an audio signal if that's what you're looking for.
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
oh ok i always thought it was for editing and stuff like that...so how would i connect it to my computer do be able to record things?
Quote by HumBucker666

Quote by ~G{}{}BER~
MUSIC HAS NO RULES
depends what kind of connections are on your amp. If you have a "line out" jack, you could connect that to the line in on your computer's soundcard. If you don't have a line out, you would have to use something like an attenuator with a line out. The best way to record an amp is using a mic anyway though. With regular line outs, all you're getting is the preamp sound. You are missing all the sound shaping and texture that comes from your poweramp and speakers/cab. Some line outs have speaker compensation to try and simulate it, but it just doesn't sound as good usually IME.
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
alright thx a lot thats all i needed to know and yes i have a line out so it will work pefectly
Quote by HumBucker666

Quote by ~G{}{}BER~
MUSIC HAS NO RULES
WHY DON'T YOU GUYS EVER NOTICE THERE'S A RIFFS AND RECORDINGS FORUM!?

*CLOSED!*

God damn you all!
I'm not very active here on UG currently.
I'm a retired Supermod off to the greener pastures of the real world.