I was thinking of putting an Original Floyd Rose on my Explorer and am wondering...

Would the angled neck cause any problems going from am TOM to a OFR?

Are there any other complications that I haven't considered because at the moment, this is the only one that comes to mind.

Thanks!
umm.. routing the tremolo cavity (the big hole in the back)

and preparing the neck for a locking nut.

and that alone is a total b*tch.
Dissonance is Bliss

Signal Chain:
Carvin CT-4
Ibanez TS-9
Carvin Quad-X
TC Electronics G-Major
Mesa/Boogie 2:90
Ear Candy BuzzBomb

Member #4 of the Carvin Club
I know! It looks amazing but I'm not into the whole gothic model.

I wanna do this really bad. Routing for an Explorer I don't belive will be too bad. Sure there is wood mass loss but I will be using EMG's which in my opinion you hear more of than the wood.

Still the question remains, will the angled neck cause any problems going from a TOM to an OFR?
dont think it would, i say go for it
GEAR
- Epi Les Paul Custom (emma)
- Orange Tiny Terror
- 2x12 w/greenbacks
-MXR ZW-44 Overdrivel
- MXR Phase 90
- EB Volume JR.
- Boss DD-3
i think if you can angle it or make it un-recessed, that would help with any problems, since the added height/angle might compensate for the neck angle. do a test. take a T.O.M bridge guitar and a non-recessed floyd, and compare how high they stick out from the body.

P.S: make sure that the saddles don't change position when you make the swap or you are ****ex
My Blog
New bands you wish you knew about!

Check This Band:As Blood Runs Black
Guitarist of the month: Quorthon

Got a good band that you want to share with the world? PM me and I'll write them a review.
I was told by someone that I may not be able to get the action high enough to be playable. Do you have any opinions or comments on this? Is there a fix to that problem?
There are similar projects in the Project Guitar forum where an LFR was added to an Epi Flying V and an OFR to an Epi Explorer Korina. It can be done obviously. You gotta take precise measurements for the depth and placement.
kalher has a flat-mount floyd rose that might be what you're looking for.
Quote by corduroyEW
Cheap amps are "that bad". They suck up your tone like cocaine at Kate Moss' party.

I am Michael!
Yeah, but I can't spend $315 on a tremolo system...

Could get links to those ProjectGuitar threads? I searched but could find none.