I have an Ibanez GRG170DX and I'd like to lockout the trem. Most places suggest sliding a block of wood into the trem cavity under the part of the bridge where the springs connect, but in a couple spots on this forum I've seen people mention that they use a lego block to do the same.

My quesiton is, would the lego work? It would be much simpler than buying a piece of wood and cutting it to fit the trem cavity, but would a wooden block lock the trem in place any better?
Anything that fits. I used to use a 9 volt too, they work as long as you don't slide it in and out a lot. Otherwise you get metal shavings. I'm using a resized lincoln log in one of my guitars right now. Also, you don't have to BUY a piece of wood. It occurs naturally outdoors. Just find a piece and wittle away.

Quote by emad
jthm_guitarist
Warned for trolling!

Quote by metal4eva_22
Didn't you say that you had a stuffed fox that you would occasionally fuck?

Quote by Axelfox
It's not a fox,it's a wolf.
Use pieces of wood, period, or any brass material if you could get ahold of one. Better sustain then the shit legos

You could also get a Tremol-no which is the easiest solution but just for a GRG, you'll save that $50 if you just use some pieces of wood
"Play with your ears" - Yngwie Malmsteen, Paul Gilbert
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
Last edited by madpickin03 at Jan 21, 2007,
Quote by madpickin03
Use pieces of wood, period, or any brass material if you could get ahold of one. Better sustain then the shit legos

You could also get a Tremol-no which is the easiest solution but just for a GRG, you'll save that $50 if you just use some pieces of wood

So you think it would have an affect on the tone, compared to the wood?
I wanted to block my trem but I couldn't be bothered cutting a bit of wood to fit so I ended up sellotaping a bundle of lollipop sticks together.
I'd say it would affect the tone, but everything does. Just find a bit of wood that fits, it's not that hard.
Feel free to ignore my ranting.

Member of the Self-Taught Club.

A recent study shows that 8% of teenagers listen to nothing but music with guitars in it. Put this in your sig if you're one of the 92% who isn't a close-minded moron.