okay, i have a problem that really, really is pretty bad.

this morning i turned on the PC and it came up with the black and white screen saying "this wasn't turned off properly last time. select to start windows xp or start in safe mode".

no matter which option i tried, it would show the windows loading screen, then quickly flickering onto a screen saying something about viruses before going back to the black and white screen.

now, thankfully we have a laptop (guess how i'm online now ) and on google i found out that the problem has to do with the NTFS file system. however all the help pages i've found so far give trouble shooting details that assume the user can get into windows, and deleting anti virus programs (which i unfortunately can't do).

so yeah, any help would be really, really appreciated.
Quote by T.S.R.
what?
if i were a midget...id go masturbate in public because...hey, im a midget and i can get away with anything

Quote by yawn
I heard Hitler was a pretty good guitarist back in his day...

Quote by guitar?
You're a towel.
buy a new comp
“Broken hearts never mend”.
But fools never move on.
wow thanks.

i have 25 days of music on itunes so i'm not keen on wiping/replacing the hard disk.

as well as other stuff...
Quote by T.S.R.
what?
if i were a midget...id go masturbate in public because...hey, im a midget and i can get away with anything

Quote by yawn

Quote by guitar?
You're a towel.
nope.

i'm gonna get an external hard disk in the near future, but until then....
Quote by T.S.R.
what?

Quote by yawn

Quote by guitar?
You're a towel.
Option 1:Format (but you know the concequences)
Option 2:Borrow-buy a new (cheap maybe??) hard drive,set it as Master and the other one slave,select it through BIOS as first boot device,boot windows and then you can access your previous hard-drive..It will consider the previous windows instalation as destroyed an ignore it...And there you are...Backup,and the format your previous hard drive and of course dp a partition 1st partition will contain Windows file,2nd partion you program files,saves,music and stuff so when you have similar problem you can format the first partition without lossing anything...Good luck...
My gear:
-Gibson Les Paul Studio
-Fender DG-11E Black (Acoustic)
-Marshall AVT50
-Cry Baby "Wylde Wah"
-Roland RE-20 Space Echo
Windows OS cd, run that (set your bios to boot to cd) and choose recover when it comes up with blue screen, and then run chkdisk, should fix it, other people should be able to give you more detail
Gear:
Washburn RB2500 (5 String)
Yamaha BB400 Fretless (1981)
Carlo Giordano 3/4 Upright (White)
Cort Action 4 (Stereo-fied)
Orange Bass Terror 500
Orange 1x15 Cab
Boss GT-6 Bass Multi-effects