I am serouisly gettin of tired of being that guitarist that is good but can't shred. Like i have probably more blues style in me thatn anything and i don't have a problem with that but i want to advance my playing. Could you please help all you shredderz?
Founder of UG's Club

Quote by Kadaj
Yes, that's why it has big fangs, for tickling you with.

Quote by JC13
The banker has proposed an offer of FOUR BJ's...lucky911charms, Deal, or No deal?
just practice all the techniques slowly man...
you don't need to hurry up because that'll mess up your
muscle memory and you'll end up more sloppy...
yah i'll take it slow just wat do i need to do?
Founder of UG's Club

Quote by Kadaj

Quote by JC13
The banker has proposed an offer of FOUR BJ's...lucky911charms, Deal, or No deal?
any specific techniques you want to use?
id start with alternate picking scales first with a metronome...
practice scales, modes, arpeggios/sweeping, tapping...

(I think your on the wrong forum... this one should be on the
80's rock/shred and prog forum I think...)
well i would like to learn more towards the 80's shredding NOT this new age stuff like dragonforce,steve vai, joe satriani.
Founder of UG's Club

Quote by Kadaj

Quote by JC13
Just shred the blues, mang!!!

EDIT: FYI, Vai was shredding in the 80s. I got ya there, bud!
It's true, this stuff I make up.
~Dom~
Last edited by Dom5412 at Jan 21, 2007,
Joe Satriani? "NEW AGE?"
Wtf are you smoking? Surfing With the Alien is the epitome of fine 80's shredding.

Hey guys! I just started playing electric guitar should I get a Gabson Lay Pall or a Femdor Startokaster. I like the picks on the gabsons but i like how sweet femdors look. Beforre i get a gabson what company makes them?
well his style isn't the same as the hair metal stuff or watever.
Founder of UG's Club

Quote by Kadaj

Quote by JC13
Shredding is overrated and will ultimately get you no where unless you have a good band.

Shut up. If he wants to shred, let him shred. I'm tired of people like you that diss on people's tastes. I like heavy metal that's emotional, am I emo? No. Get over it.

Oh, and yeah. Satch was shreddin' away in the 80s too.
~Dom~
Quote by Dom5412
Shut up. If he wants to shred, let him shred. I'm tired of people like you that diss on people's tastes. I like heavy metal that's emotional, am I emo? No. Get over it.

Oh, and yeah. Satch was shreddin' away in the 80s too.

I wasn't dissing shred douche, i'm just saying it's over rated, and because i am a stereotypical person then you are indeed an emo. Golf claps for the wrist cutter.

And to be on a more on key note, just work on basic techniques like scales, sweeping and alternate picking and hence you shall become a shredder
Golf claps for the wrist cutter.

The other half was rubbish, but I found that hilarious.

Cheers?
~Dom~
you shouldnt feel like you need to shred to be good. But yeah the key is to practice the techniques slowly and build up speed over time, you see all theese kids shredding really poorly on youtube? most of the time its because they arent patient and dont take thier time to build up speed.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
okay wat are the techniques i need to learn?
Founder of UG's Club

Quote by Kadaj

Quote by JC13
Everybody is different on a guitar. You don't have to know how to shred and be good at guitar.
Xbox 360 Gamertag - TheTacoDoctor
Just send a message saying your from UG.
CoD4 anyone?
most people that put down speed can't play fast them selfs
Cmstar90: i have too lisen to a song for hours just to figure out of one part it sound and how to move my fingers tso that it sounds that way
Cmstar90: when u seem to figure it out in seconds
ok, play stuff from some shred bands like Pantera or Slayer and that should get you on the road to playing it Domination and Cowboys from Hell are good examples
Quote by Aqua Dementia
I like to play this game where I'll see how many times I can look at a particular chicks ass or tits until I get caught.

Quote by WNxScythe
Fat chicks are different. They don't count, they aren't women.

Digitech Whammy Club!
^ if you want to shred stay away from slayer might i suggest learning some yngwie malmsteen or paul gilbert if you want speed
Cmstar90: i have too lisen to a song for hours just to figure out of one part it sound and how to move my fingers tso that it sounds that way
Cmstar90: when u seem to figure it out in seconds
Quote by oscar7557
most people that put down speed can't play fast them selfs

Damn Straight, speed is very important! dont give me that pussy nah a good guitarist desnt worry about speed, Well they should be able to play fast if they are good. It's worse than ripping on an MG when youve never played one.
Quote by Aqua Dementia
I like to play this game where I'll see how many times I can look at a particular chicks ass or tits until I get caught.

Quote by WNxScythe
Fat chicks are different. They don't count, they aren't women.

Digitech Whammy Club!
Quote by lucky911charms
okay wat are the techniques i need to learn?

sweep picking, economy picking, really fast alternate picking, tapping and you really need to buckle down your theory and learn how to apply it in all positions on the fretboard.

i can shred, and i say speed is overrated. people who worry too much about playing speed are usually just compensating for something.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Last edited by Kid_Thorazine at Jan 21, 2007,