First of all, I've been playing on-and-off for about 2 years. I've been looking to upgrade my guitar to the next level. I'd prefer something in the $350-$550 range, as I will be paying for this guitar by myself, and I don't make much money from the job I have.

Music I like to play:
Led Zeppelin
Pink Floyd
The Beatles
B.B. King
Grand Funk Railroad
Steve Miller Band
John Mayer
Incubus
Cream
etc.

I was thinking along the lines of a Epiphone Les Paul Standard, then switching the pick-ups out with Gibson '57 Classic Plus'. Would this really be worth the extra $119 or so I'd pay for the pick-ups?

Or, a Fender Strat, and switching the pick-ups with Fender Custom Texas Specials.

If you could give me a few suggestions, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks,
Respect21
i would personally go with the fender and the fender custom texas specials, or maybe use duncans on it
Quote by Respect21

I was thinking along the lines of a Epiphone Les Paul Standard, then switching the pick-ups out with Gibson '57 Classic Plus'. Would this really be worth the extra $119 or so I'd pay for the pick-ups?

yes, worth every penny
Now officially has too much gear to list

PM me if you want to know about my recording setup
Fender. You may want to get a humbucker for the bridge, as you play a decent amount of humbucker-driven music (some Cream, Led Zepellin, ect ect).

Check out DiMarzio's low to medium output humbucking pickups.

Hey guys! I just started playing electric guitar should I get a Gabson Lay Pall or a Femdor Startokaster. I like the picks on the gabsons but i like how sweet femdors look. Beforre i get a gabson what company makes them?
The Epi sounds good, or get something with an HSS configuration.

Quote by emad
jthm_guitarist
Warned for trolling!

Quote by metal4eva_22
Didn't you say that you had a stuffed fox that you would occasionally fuck?

Quote by Axelfox
It's not a fox,it's a wolf.
from the list of stuff you like to play the les paul is perfect for you. I love BB king and the les paul does everything for blues. You will love that guitar, atleast i sure did at guitar center.

right now i play on the american strat and i defiantly preferred the tone of the LP for that kind of music. The stratocaster is very versatile and you could easily achieve the sound for that you are but the upper end strats are expensive.
Last edited by Saltydog914 at Jan 21, 2007,