i found my dads old martin d18E.can someone tell me more about it please,thanks
how much were made?what years,people tell me kurt cobain used one at Nirvanas unplugged performance.
Dude, if it is the guitar I think it is, I would treat that guitar REALLY REALLY well.

They were built in 1959, and only 301 were made. (not including the prototype) and they retailed for US$280, which was a fortune back then. So it would be worth heaps today, if it is good condition.

It has a Solid Spruce Top, Mahogany Back and Sides, 14 Fret to the Body, Two De Armond Pickups, Tortoise Pickguard, Kluson Deluxe Tuners, Brazilian Rosewood Fretboard and Headstock Veneer. Great Playing Neck

One of Martins earliest stable Acoustic/Electric, and has a very unique and sort after sound, due to the Armond Pick ups, and are still used by modern rock artists today.

You might also find it interesting that your dads guitar is known as the "Kurt Cobain's MTV Unplugged" guitar, which he used on that Album. So take care of it!!!
Cole Clark FL1AC Acoustic

Quote by 2007 Stupidity Awards

Instead of using Valves, could I use Light Bulbs instead? If so, would the new energy saving ones be OK? Coz I do a lot of playing

I got my pick stuck inside my guitar . . . . how am I supposed to get it out?
Last edited by DJaye at Jan 21, 2007,