i wanna start taking my guitar to school, so i can play during lunch and stuff (im getting obsessive), i was looking at pocket amps and other shit and i saw this, ive heard good things about the Cube 60s and 30s, hows the microcube? i dont expect much for the price, but is it good enough quality sound that it wont kill my friends ears?
Gear:
Epiphone 1958 Black flyingv
Peavey 5150 Head
Crate cab
Yamaha guitar (1st guitar)
Behringer V-ampire 112
i wish i could play guitar at skool other than jazz and pep band...lol... im obsessed too, but i guess jazz band is good enough
Quote by metaldud536
Because there is a bomb in the lasagna!

Quote by Kid_Thorazine
make loud howling noises and throw your feces at them whenever they bring it up, I suggest that your GF does the same.
on this topic what is the best micro amp? i've seen fenders' and marshalls' micro amps and i'm curious as to what is the best one of all
God am i devilishly good looking
Dude, dont take your stuff to school. It seriously makes you look like a dweeb (thats right, I said dweeb).

But, if you dont care about your social stutus at all (note: this only applies to high school) then the MicroCube will be good.
Quote by kurdtkobaign
Dude, dont take your stuff to school. It seriously makes you look like a dweeb (thats right, I said dweeb).

But, if you dont care about your social stutus at all (note: this only applies to high school) then the MicroCube will be good.

i dont give a shit what i look like haha, so itll be pretty good?
Gear:
Epiphone 1958 Black flyingv
Peavey 5150 Head
Crate cab
Yamaha guitar (1st guitar)
Behringer V-ampire 112
I've heard the Vox portables are pretty decent. I have a Roland Cube 15 and it sounds too synthesized for my taste. A lot of people seem to like them, but I just wasn't too please with the sound.

I've heard good things about the Orange Micro Crush. I've never tried it so I can't speak from personal experience.

I'm not trying to talk you out of the micro cube, but just offering options. Try playing through them to see what you like.

Personally, I'd say if your pocket book can handle it, check out the Boss Micro BR. It'll cost about twice as much as any micro amp you buy, but it has 10 times the features of any amp you'll buy as well. Plus, instead of hauling an amp around, you just have to carry around something about the size of an MP3 player.

It has a 4 track recorder, an mp3 trainer, almost 300 drum tracks, guitar effects (including amp models, reverb, chorus, delay, etc...) and a tuner. It takes SD memory so you can load as many mp3's and record as much as the SD card you use can hold.

You can plug it in or run it off batteries. It has a built in condenser mic, a line in, headphone/line out and a guitar input.

If I were going to school and practicing there, this is the route I'd take for sure.
Guitars:
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser FR
Ibanez S-470 with Seymour Duncans
Ibanez RG-321
Schecter Damien 6
Art & Lutherie Wild Cherry

Amps:
Kustom 12 Gauge