so me and my dad are building a guitar, and we got a floating brigde like ones that are on Fender Strats, and i was wondering if you could do whammy bar squeals on that bride or does it have to be like a floyde rose modle?
u can as long as you do a harmoninc(natural or pinched) and use the whammy bar to bend the note how u like
Stuffs:
ESP LTD KH-202 electric guitar
Randall RX120DHS
Crate FXT65 amp
Dunlop Original Crybaby
Boss DS-1
Boss MT-2 Metal Zone
Every Zeppelin Recording
I don't think Fender bridges are classified as floating, but don't quote me on that.

Also, Fender style bridges should really be used for subtle vibrato, not much else. Anything else and you go out of tune.

It would be best to install a Floyd Rose, is what I'm getting at.
It's true, this stuff I make up.
~Dom~
If u can pull the bridge up u can do whammy bar squeals although it would probably go out of tune fast if u dont have locking tuners or a locking nut
Strat style bridges aren't floating. If by "whammy squeels" you mean to be able to pull up on the bar, no. Not at all. But it is (relatively) easy to install a Floyd Rose tremelo into a strat.

Quote by emad
jthm_guitarist
Warned for trolling!

Quote by metal4eva_22
Didn't you say that you had a stuffed fox that you would occasionally fuck?

Quote by Axelfox
It's not a fox,it's a wolf.
Quote by Dom5412
I don't think Fender bridges are classified as floating, but don't quote me on that.

Also, Fender style bridges should really be used for subtle vibrato, not much else. Anything else and you go out of tune.

It would be best to install a Floyd Rose, is what I'm getting at.

I think that's why they are technically reffered to as vibrato bars. Tremolo reffers to a volume difference. But it's so much more fun to do dives, despite the tuning difficulty.
Peavey HP Signature EXP (SH4 JB/ SH2 Jazz)
Jackson DK2M
Fender MIM Stratocaster HSS
Fender MiM Telecaster

EVH 5150 III w/ EVH 2x12 cab
Peavey Vypyr Tube 60
Fender Blues Jr.

Boss ME-50; NS-2; RV-5; BF-3
MXR M101 Phase 90
ya, the only thing is the neck we bought is pre cut and all, and i hate having to tune my guitar everyday, so the locking nut would be a bitch to put in, plus to get a OFR its like, $215, but thanx for the information
if you want to see seem some crazzy squels with a strat check out yngwie malmsteen
Cmstar90: i have too lisen to a song for hours just to figure out of one part it sound and how to move my fingers tso that it sounds that way
Cmstar90: when u seem to figure it out in seconds
On my Fender when I first got it I pulled the whammy up and the high e string broke twice in a row. So go for a Floyd Rose.
Xbox 360 Gamertag - TheTacoDoctor
Just send a message saying your from UG.
CoD4 anyone?