Hey I am looking for a good amp that can be used for ska-core. Similar to Streetlight Manifesto or Bosstone sounds. I am looking at cabinets at the moment, but I don't know if I need it that big or if it's fine. At the ska shows I have seen there are both big and smaller amps. Right now I am on a Fender FM212R. I am trying to stay under a grand right now for one. I play an ES-137 so I also need something that will work well with the pickups.
How loud?
I'd go for a Fender combo, Hot Rod maybe?
I'm not very active here on UG currently.
I'm a retired Supermod off to the greener pastures of the real world.
A hot rod deluxe with a boost for the drive channel can do ska well. That way you have a moderate amount of gain for distortion and fat, sparkly cleans for ska chords.
That loser shit's right out the window!
You made that genre up, come on, admit it.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
hey don't say that...ska is an awesome genre of music if people were patient and not just ignorant.
Yeah, but he didnt have to add the "core" at the end.

But on topic: I'd go for a Hot Rod Deville or a Bassman, preferably with a stratocaster, but the 137 Would work okay.
Unfortunately ska-core is an actual genre name so he should be able to use it. And I wouldn't use a fender, I'd probably get something with a heavier sound. Based on the limited amount of ska-core that I have heard, most of the bands had heavy sounding guitars and rarely played clean.
Quote by CowsWithGuns
And the facade of heterosexualism in the punk and ska forum came crashing down like a fat girl falling off a balcony...
bosstones guitar gets really twangy, and for streetlight you'll want a really clean jazzy like sound so your guitar is totally fine...how much money you have to spend?
screamcore, metalcore, deathcore, emocore, hardcore, edgecore, noisecore, punkcore, pizzacore, applecore, earthcore, pencilcore, buttoncore, shoelacecore, cupcore, cloudcore, papercore, lettercore, lightcore, glasscore...

what will they think of next?!
^Statistics show that 3 new cores are invented around the world each second, it's only a matter of time before it takes over our lives.
pizzacore is a pretty sweet genre. pity only one band plays it.
I R tr00 Member of UG's Gain \/\/hores - don't pm gpderek09 to join unless you are truly worthy
www.purevolume.com/mordecaiaus
Quote by xifr
There is the possibility that I may have or may or may not have gone or not gone into the danger zone.

Quote by lespaulmarshall
I love you Joel
My band plays piratecore.
I Dig Music.

Quote by insideac

Okie, I like you too
^rofl
PRS Custom 22
Epiphone LP Custom
Ibanez Artcore AFS75T

Fender PT-100 Tuner
Ibanez WD-7 Weeping Demon
Digitech Tone Driver
MXR Phase 100
Ernie Ball VP Jr Volume Pedal

Mesa/Boogie Dual Rectifier Road King
'69 Fender Super Bassman
no dude, pizzacore > piratecore.
I R tr00 Member of UG's Gain \/\/hores - don't pm gpderek09 to join unless you are truly worthy
Quote by xifr
There is the possibility that I may have or may or may not have gone or not gone into the danger zone.

Quote by lespaulmarshall
I love you Joel
Roffly-stfu-core.

NO MORE SPAMCORE!

Mathcore and hobocore are awesome
Quote by Dave_Mc
For the cost of a Mesa Roadking, I could alternatively purchase Belgium.
how about i play some that_pink_queencore.
Quote by xifr

Quote by lespaulmarshall
I love you Joel
I've never been into a core thread, *****... oops I mean core..
Tone is all ...... well probably 75%, in your fingers.
The rest depends on your wallet's thickness !!

Keep the faith, baby!!
bluepunkmetal-is-a-slut-and-likes-amps-just-that-little-bit-too-much-and-occasionally-fondles-himself-to-the-warmth-of-glowing-tubes-whilst-he-plays-12-bar-blues-on-a-recto-and-feels-the-blues-punk-and-metal-whilst-sounding-like-a-toaster-oven-exploding-full-of-burritos-and-pizza-core.
Quote by xifr

Quote by lespaulmarshall
I love you Joel
Quote by kurdtkobaign
screamcore, metalcore, deathcore, emocore, hardcore, edgecore, noisecore, punkcore, pizzacore, applecore, earthcore, pencilcore, buttoncore, shoelacecore, cupcore, cloudcore, papercore, lettercore, lightcore, glasscore...

what will they think of next?!

Trancecore, apparently.

Damn you Enter Shikari, you suck.
Ibanez SR505
Ashdown ABM 300 EVO II
Epifani UL410
Quote by That_Pink_Queen
Roffly-stfu-core.

NO MORE SPAMCORE!

hah, look what I started.

anyway, I'm with pink queen's original suggestion- assuming I know what ska-core is (I just took off the "core"), I assume you need a good clean tone, and on a budget, fenders tend to be the way to go for that.

traynor might be worth a look too- the ycv40 or 80. Not just as good cleans, but much better overdrive.

it's up to you to decide whether slightly better cleans are more important than good OD.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
well with ska + core, i'd assume it's hardcore with trumpets.

in that case stop playing and sell your guitar on ebay.
Quote by ClassicAxe

consider anything derek suggests, He IS a gain VVhore you know
Quote by jj1565
derek, will you go out wt me?

President Gain Whore -group on profile

Next person who posts anything-core gets banz0red!
I warned you guys.
Quote by That_Pink_Queen

Next person who posts anything-core gets banz0red!
I warned you guys.

I am so banned-core.
Caution:
May cause death if user is an idiot.