hey guys, this is my first time posting anything here. I just wanted to show you guys something i've been working on tonight. This song is mainly inspired by bands like Opeth and Mastodon.

It's not done, this is just the beginning of it and I'd like to know what you all think so far. Thanks a lot!
Attachments:
eerie.zip
a guy told me that the tremolo bar was called the "distortionator"
that intro chord is definately from an opeth song. i liked the whole vibe uve got going, the chords i think need different rhythm to truly make it feel eerie, or at least another guitar. when the electric comes in i can feel what you were trying to do and it would sound great but it felt off in some places. it still needs alot more to be a song, but it sounds great where its heading, keep it up
MYSELF INFLUECE I

soo much n00bage
Quote by xX Maverick Xx
sorry to bust everyones bubble but lamb of god arent "hardcore" theyre death metal, and therefore metal.
Mainly as above said, it needs more to be a song, but its certainly started right. The guitar lead bit is currently good, but still not quite there yet. A bass track would help that song so much, as at the minute its eerie, like I assume you want, but it would be improved no end by a good bass part. Until such time as a bass part is written it will be hard to judge just how good it could be. Post again when you've got some more written, as it does have potential.
"Their fate is in each others hands as they decide whether to share... or to shaft"
Robert Kilroy-Silk from his sadly shortlived quiz-show Shafted.

Member Number 7 of the Frank Zappa Appreciation Club. PM chocolatguitar to join.
Thanks guys, I just wrote that part last night (aside from the beginnings of the arpeggiated intro- i've had that kind of bumbling around for about a year haha) i'll definitely re-post upon completion. thanks alot for the comments!
The intro is uncannily similar to the last break in Demon of the Fall.

I like it though, cause its not exactly the same. The part around line 9 i think... That sounds very Mastodon esque. Very... piratey? xD

You changed from eerie to wierd excellently. I loved it.
Quote by Burning_Angel
The intro is uncannily similar to the last break in Demon of the Fall.

aha i thought so!! i think its just the same chord. and to the thread started, i think that bass idea is beter than what i said before
MYSELF INFLUECE I

soo much n00bage
Quote by xX Maverick Xx
sorry to bust everyones bubble but lamb of god arent "hardcore" theyre death metal, and therefore metal.
Hmm. The Demon chord is:

e 0
B 4
G 0
D 4
A
D

It just descends then ascends... Cant remember how many times though.

Sorry its not all correctly tabbed but you get the idea methinks. Its just easier on GP/PT.
Quote by MoogleRancha
It's like Fenriz and J. Read

"I'm so happy to love metal and stuff"

"I AM metal"
Thanks guys. Yeah, burning angel is right about the Demon of the Fall chord. Any similarities of the intro of my song to Demon are purely coincidental, as I wrote that part of the intro wellllll before i'd even started listening to Opeth. Thanks for the comments!