Why is that guy from gray's anatomy getting crap for saying the f word?

I really don't get this

that black guy isiah washington or something

at a press conference he said "I did not call (That gay guy on his show) a f*g*ot"

His context was just that he was referring to the word, which he was saying he did not say. It's like saying "I did not order pizza"

what was he supposed to say "I did not call that guy an eff-asterix-asterix-asterix-asterix-asterix"????

God this world is really bad if we censor our selves like that especially when there is no harmful context behind a word.
Last edited by amazingdm at Jan 21, 2007,
man i love that pun "GAY's anotomy" insted of GREY's anatomy, **** me your a comic genious or maybe it was a innocent spelling mistake.
Quote by Aqua Dementia
I like to play this game where I'll see how many times I can look at a particular chicks ass or tits until I get caught.

Quote by WNxScythe
Fat chicks are different. They don't count, they aren't women.

Digitech Whammy Club!
^its not really THAT good
e|----------5-------7-5h7p5---5--
B|-------5----8p5-------------8---8p5--
G|-5h6-----------------------------------7b9r--p5---5b--
D|-----------------------------------------------------7-----7-7~~~
Yeah, doesn't make a lot of sense.
I <3 bangoodcharlotte

Quote by humperdunk
one time i let my cat has cheezburger. i thought it was pretty funny.
If you're over 16 and you have issues with gay people, well, then you have issues, and you're also probably gay. Not Sprockets gay, but serial killing male hookers gay. 0_o
basically because of the FCC being a bunch of self rightious f*ck asses, who take it upon themselves to stop people from hearing "bad language" even though most people use it on a daily basis, and they are in the minority
Gear:
Ibanez Destroyer
Roland Cube 60
Boss TU-80
Ovation acoustic
Original Crybaby

"If at first you don't succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried" Josh Homme

My Profile

^^Check out my profile for some improv solos^^
It's still an offensive term regardless of in what context it was said.

It's like a swear word or a racial slur it is still offensive to some people no matter how it's said. Get used to it.

Quote by High_o
basically because of the FCC being a bunch of self rightious f*ck asses, who take it upon themselves to stop people from hearing "bad language" even though most people use it on a daily basis, and they are in the minority

Your an idiot.

A.) We don't have that level of censorship here in Australia.

and

B.) Think of it as such, what if it was all just allowed to be said and four year olds could watch it?
if you have belief in ur soul and jesus you can do anything
Quote by spittle8
If you're over 16 and you have issues with gay people, well, then you have issues, and you're also probably gay. Not Sprockets gay, but serial killing male hookers gay. 0_o

having issues with gay people makes you gay.......... ya THAT makes a lot of sense
Quote by greety
It's still an offensive term regardless of in what context it was said.

It's like a swear word or a racial slur it is still offensive to some people no matter how it's said. Get used to it.

That's why it's a stupid concept. The "offensive term" is.

It's like saying "Well a couple hundred years ago a group of islandic people, population of 42, used the word sandwich the same way we used the N word, so we can't use it anymore" so no one can say sandwich anymore.

I think it's just simplifying it for people too stupid to figure out context don't you think?

We should be able to discuss words just as they are, words made up of letters and sounds.
Quote by amazingdm
having issues with gay people makes you gay.......... ya THAT makes a lot of sense

actually, it is possible that it can do. Though not really probable

greety how is saying "i didn't call him a fag" offensive? he's saying he didnt use the word. Seriously who could take offense at that?
Last edited by blynd_snyper at Jan 21, 2007,
Quote by amazingdm
That's why it's a stupid concept. The "offensive term" is.

It's like saying "Well a couple hundred years ago a group of islandic people, population of 42, used the word sandwich the same way we used the N word, so we can't use it anymore" so no one can say sandwich anymore.

I think it's just simplifying it for people too stupid to figure out context don't you think?

We should be able to discuss words just as they are, words made up of letters and sounds.

Yeah, sandwich. That's a great example.

If the word was coined as an offensive term..an offensive term it always will be. See, 'Fag' by itself has never been that 'offensive' seeing as it means cigarette.
Yeah

more specifically he was saying he never used it in a context that was meant to be hurtful.
So, you suggest that's okay if someone casually called a black person a 'nigger'? As long as there intention was not to offend them?

Even that word is censored on UG, I had to use my supreme hacks to have the full effect of what I was saying. What does that say to you? On the internet, a place for expression, that word is censored..because it's offensive maybe?
Quote by greety

Think of it as such, what if it was all just allowed to be said and four year olds could watch it?

No less than what they hear from their parents...
Quote by greety
Yeah, sandwich. That's a great example.

If the word was coined as an offensive term..an offensive term it always will be. See, 'Fag' by itself has never been that 'offensive' seeing as it means cigarette.

It IS a great example

because that's a point. An originally meaningless/harmless word is now all of a sudden off limits for me to say because it has been used offensively before? I find this to be utter nonsense. All words will one day become forbidden
Quote by greety
So, you suggest that's okay if someone casually called a black person a '******'? As long as there intention was not to offend them?

Yeah. Black people do it all the time with each other.
Quote by MastaBassist10
No less than what they hear from their parents...

That could be contained to individual cases, contrary to what you may think not everyone is a bad parent.

Quote by amazingdm
Yeah. Black people do it all the time with each other.

It wouldn't justify someone from another race saying it, then it becomes a racial slur. Just in the same way as if you were to call someone a faggot..who happens to be gay.
Quote by amazingdm

Well, often their reason is that they're secretly homosexual. Or they're just uptight.
if they weren't a bad parent in your eyes they'd already have raised the kid to know not to call people names in a way to be mean. kids are gonna do it anyway though.

Seriously though... in reality so many people use the word call people that word inside groups.
Quote by spittle8
Well, often their reason is that they're secretly homosexual. Or they're just uptight.

No this is incorrect.
This is propaganda created by gay people so "homophobic" people would be less inclined to admit they're homophobic and because of that less inclined to bash gay people. Sure it may be true with some people but it's definately a small minority. Most people I know do not like gay people, it's just the way it is in this world.

Usually people have issues with gay people because they're different, not "normal" in the sexual sense, or they're scared. Me for example, I don't like them because of the way they talk/act (effeminate etc) and it's just a gut reaction that it drives me nuts. Anyway that's all it is.
Quote by greety
That could be contained to individual cases, contrary to what you may think not everyone is a bad parent.

Yeah, like parents are the only people they hear? What about other kids, who got it from their parents? What about their alchoholic neighbor? The angry store clerk? People swear. The kid's gonna hear it eventually, its not like a little word's gonna affect his life. The world ain't perfect and I suggest you and the FCC get used to it.
Gay, Straight, Bi. In regards to the whole argument, being human is being able to do what you want. End of story. Who cares what the bible says, what someone else thinks.

Quote by MastaBassist10
Yeah, like parents are the only people they hear? What about other kids, who got it from their parents? What about their alchoholic neighbor? The angry store clerk? People swear. The kid's gonna hear it eventually, its not like a little word's gonna affect his life. The world ain't perfect and I suggest you and the FCC get used to it.

Haha. Fight the power, foo'.

I'm not with the 'FCC' as you so aptly implied at the end. In fact, quite the opposite. I listen to Metal and swear quite often. I'm just trying to justify it in this case, it's an offensive slur and it can only been taken one way, and in an offensive manner, was it that bad that they censored it? Too bad if some kid hears it from someone else. The point is, they censored the word, because in the first place, he was apologising because someone he said it to had been offended by it..in turn..in his apology or defense if that word had been uncensored on the media then say hello to a couple of thousand more offended gay people.
Quote by greety
Gay, Straight, Bi. In regards to the whole argument, being human is being able to do what you want. End of story. Who cares what the bible says, what someone else thinks.

That just totally contradicted your pro-censorship stance.
Quote by MastaBassist10
That just totally contradicted your pro-censorship stance.

This is not something I agree with. What it simply is, is by the people involved i.e the TV Stations that recorded the press conference where it was said as a means so that another thousand people aren't offended by the word and the TV station recieves complaints. Is that simple enough for you? I detest censorship in all forms and I feel it's a waste of time..but..I'm trying to explain to you here why it was used.
well it depends on the context, faggot can be used to name a pile of sticks cant it?
Quote by DaliLama
Go to a friend and say "what the difference between soda and your soda?............(pause).............sperm!" Then you start masturbating furiously into their can
Quote by amazingdm
No this is incorrect.
This is propaganda created by gay people so "homophobic" people would be less inclined to admit they're homophobic and because of that less inclined to bash gay people. Sure it may be true with some people but it's definately a small minority. Most people I know do not like gay people, it's just the way it is in this world.

Usually people have issues with gay people because they're different, not "normal" in the sexual sense, or they're scared. Me for example, I don't like them because of the way they talk/act (effeminate etc) and it's just a gut reaction that it drives me nuts. Anyway that's all it is.

Haha, I actually agree.

Sorta.

I also don't. Well, it's a good tool to make gay-bashing unpopular. It's an illogical fear, and it ruins lives. I mean, sure, trannies are kinda weird, but what's wrong with gay people? They're just weird is all, but aren't we all? Can't we, just, like, get alone?

On a serious note, I know a gay guy who speaks normally, and is TOTALLY normal. He's one of the coolest people I've ever come across, in fact. Quite a badass. And he's a FAG. But he isn't in your face about it, and you'd only know if he told you. Not all queers are gay. That sounds wrong....
Yeah I honestly think that people's issue with gay people is not their sexual preference (Although, the idea of gay sex is gross as hell), it's they act womanly. If they all acted like normal men I don't think they'd ever get nearly as much crap for it
Quote by greety
This is not something I agree with. What it simply is, is by the people involved i.e the TV Stations that recorded the press conference where it was said as a means so that another thousand people aren't offended by the word and the TV station recieves complaints. Is that simple enough for you? I detest censorship in all forms and I feel it's a waste of time..but..I'm trying to explain to you here why it was used.

Yeah, yeah, I posted that before you posted your explanation...
Its cool dude, peace out.
I wish I could contribute to the thread but it seems like all of the intelligent points have already agree. All I can do is agree to them all.
Quote by Dæmönika
I'm afraid of you...MDoggDX316phobia

Quote by Imperial
Yes, Master MDoggDX316

Ain't Nuthin' But a UG Thang: The Hype Man of the UG Hip
Hop/Guitar Music Equality Illuminati