I'd personally go for the Gibson (Bit biased because I've got a 335 already )

Saying that for the bands you've just mentioned you're probably better off going for the Strat. Although Jimmy Page used a Les Paul almost religiously and Noel Gallagher mostly uses Epiphone/Gibson hollow body’s.
Dave Mustain has wrote some of the most amazing solos...
That he can't actually play!
Well I personally would say a 335 is more of a rhythm guitar (I'm probably gonna get flamed for saying that) where as the Strat is legendary for its leads. End of the day it all comes down to personal preference. Also it depends a lot what amp you’re running through
Dave Mustain has wrote some of the most amazing solos...
That he can't actually play!
VERY different guitars, you need to try them out yourself and decide, you should know that anyway.....

And personally, I wouldn't be able to decide just by looking, I love both.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
^^too true

im increasingly getting bored with the fender into a marshall setup so im looking for a whole new rig...
^No.

HSS Strats shit all over traditional Strat values (in a bad way of course)

Try out the ES335 and see what you think, it'll get you much different sounds from your Strat, you'll get amazing Cream sounds.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
Quote by R_H_C_P
^No.

HSS Strats shit all over traditional Strat values (in a bad way of course)

Try out the ES335 and see what you think, it'll get you much different sounds from your Strat, you'll get amazing Cream sounds.

Yeah that's true, but why i said HSS is because it will nail more tones. Anyway TS, what guitar do you own now?
Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
now i own a strat copy(crap) and a les paul that has been modified for me ( hollowed out so it is semi hollow new pickups ect)
I'd say the Eric Johnson Strat. You could also look at other strat models like the Closet Classics and stuff. Go to Guitar Center and try em out!
*Taylor 214ce Acoustic
*Fender Highway One Honey Blonde Strat (Fralin Pickups)
*Epiphone Zephyr Regent (Gibson '57 Humbucker)
*Vox 847 Wah
*Fulltone Fulldrive 2 MOSFET
*Fender Blues Deluxe Amp