Well, I'm looking to buy a new guitar, as you probably guessed. Something with a Floyd Rose or similar and a fast neck, ie an Ibanez, Jackson, Charvel, etc. but I don't have a clue what to go for..

I have a budget of around £200-250, which is around $400-500US.
I play loads of stuff, blues to 80s metal to shred to classic rock, you know the deal...
My current rig is Line 6 Spider II 75W, Gibson SG, Korg AX3000G and some other stuff, but that's my main setup. I'm not trying to better my Gibson, just trying to get something more suited to other styles of music.

Yeah, I've been playing for about 3 years, and i had 5 years of classical before that.

I've mainly been looking at the Ibanez RG350EX/DX and a Fender Fat Strat with Floyd Rose, but yeah, I don't know. Help would be appreciated.
id personaly go for the ibanez, but thats just personal preference
Songs working on :

Nitelife
Isn't there alot of complaints about the trem on the RG?
IMO, there's no need for all this triple locking everything jazz. It just makes string changing, tuning etc. awkward. Your best off with just plain old trem especially in this price range.
A HSS strat, the pacifica 412, maybe a showmaster, or a G&L etc.
If I were you I would save up some more because the SG is a really really versatile guitar, I mean look at the The Black Keys play with it: blues. Some bands use it for heavymetal too so I think that wait to get a better guitar. If you're set on spending then I would get a guitar with single coils seeing as thats the most contrast you'll get to an HH guitar.

flickr you might
Quote by MrCarrot
Oranges are actually a revolution though - they're the next step from Rectos IMO.
save and get ibanez 1570
Behringerv-tone(first guitar)
Epiphone les paul standard plus (cherry burst)
Flanger Pearl peddle
Marshall G15R CD
Dunlop 535Q wah

I like Epi LP's. You got a problem, PM me!
Thanks for the help people, I'll probably end up going to a music shop and blowing any money i save on the first guitar i try anyway, but if anyone else has anything more to add, then I'm willing to listen. I don't really know anything about shred guitars, coming from playing mainly blues or rock.
Do you really need another guitar right now? An SG is great and keep using that until you can buy something of the same quality of a Gibson SG otherwise a cheapish guitar will feel really unplayable in comparison to a Gibson SG.
My Gear :
Fender American Strat in Metallic Red
EHX Big Muff
Boss ME-50
Boss SD-1
Fender 15 Watt Amp (Upgrade soon to a Marshall )
Red Furry guitar strap

John Frusciante - The Greatest Guitarist EVER
Well, an SG is awesome, I know that as a fact, but it's just not the best for more shred oriented stuff, you're right though, downgrading guitars makes playing the shit one a whole lot harder, but yeah..I don't know.
Im not too sure on the best thing to do. I think the SG would sound fine with most styles of music.
My Gear :
Fender American Strat in Metallic Red
EHX Big Muff
Boss ME-50
Boss SD-1
Fender 15 Watt Amp (Upgrade soon to a Marshall )
Red Furry guitar strap

John Frusciante - The Greatest Guitarist EVER