I did the unthinkable, and didn't play my guitar for a whole week, and so I thought... right, I'm getting a bit slack here, lets try and write a new song! So over about 3 hours I wrote and recorded, and wrote drums for this song... Let me know any good or bad points in the song, I tried to experiment a bit with different patterns to normal

"Wings of Stone"
www.myspace.com/juzcook

If you like my stuff, add me!

Thanks in advance, crit for crit
Finally someone with my same taste in music. This is great. Can't believe no one has crit'ed on this one yet. Prolly one of the best songs i have heard on here in a while. Guitar tone is good. Has kind of an unearth meets trivium feel to it. Nice work. Nice use of pinch harmonics, just enough, not too much. I love the harmony part at about 1:20. Put some screams on this bitch. I love it.

Crit mine?
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=505527
Originally Posted by sadistic_monkey
Does this rag smell like chloroform to you?

My Gear:
Ibanez Rg320DX (81/85)
Alvarez Classic Electric
B-52 AT-100
Roland Cube 15
Marshall Avt Cab
Crate Blue Voodoo Cab (V30's)
Last edited by guitarwylde03 at Jan 21, 2007,
Yeh that was actually pretty good, dont go thinking your a guitar god tho! sucks when people start getting sumwhere and totally loose themselves! keep on workin on your lead playing man like 24/7 not cus its bad but cus if u get that up to a higher levels of kick assness it will polish off the track real nice!

Good stuff man, im curious man do you like come up with riffs then develop them with your drummer?
Dude, this song is so cool, you're a very good guitarist, though I don't really like your ego, yes you're good but you're not god; All that'll really do is make people not like you, thinking you're some egotistical prick; However I don't think that, considering I don't know you; When the solo comes in I think you need to mix in that guitar a little better, it seemed a little too loud in comparison to everything else; Who did the drums? Where'd you record at? The sound of the guitars is great, it sounds pretty professional; Nice job man; I listened to Nightfall Omen as well, very nice as well, really cool intro;

Crit 4 Crit?

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=509168
dude that was really bad ass kepp up the good work CRIT 4CRIT
My Music
http://www.myspace.com/theocifers
GUITARS:
Gibson ES-335
Gretsch Pro Jet
Guild Acoustic
1958 Harmony Hollowbody Archtop
AMPS & EFFECTS:
Vox Valvetronix AD50VT
Vox V847A Wah Pedal
Electro-Harmonix USA Big Muff
Danelectro Daddy-O
Hey man kickass song kind of reminds me of trivium a bit (and i saw your blog on the new trivium which i also think kicks ass) keep it up!
thanks for all the comments! but whoa where'd all that ego stuff come from?

Quote by synth002
Good stuff man, im curious man do you like come up with riffs then develop them with your drummer?

well it varies... most of the time (like this time) i usually sit down at home and jsut try and write something... sometimes ill record a heap of riffs and send them to my drummer to arrange a song, other times ill make up something at a rehearsal and we'll have a quick jam of something... sorta depends whehre i am, because if i feel like writing a song, i st there and jsut force myself to finish it, i hate having unfinished work... then later on ill listen over it a few times, and if im not happy with it ill do some editing and delete parts etc

Quote by fingersofflame
Who did the drums? Where'd you record at? The sound of the guitars is great, it sounds pretty professional

i wrote the drums in midi, usually as a guide to the song so when my drummer has a lsiten he ahs an idea of what iw as thinking of, and then he'll elaborate or do his own thing to work on it... but yeah its all recorded at home, trusty ol' pod xt live

thanks for the support everyone, lets keep em coming!
I dont know about the others but i didnt mean u had an ego i just ment keep an eye on it!, you got a good sound man ive seen a few people who start to get sumwhere then totally change! start tell the band what to do and all sorts... ewww.

Keep at it work on the music 100% and im sure as long as your with likeminded people you could get somewhere!!
..Also never leave your guitar for that long again.. you should be working on lead stuff!!!
You did it again This rocks dude!! very catchy... A little idea here, the harmonized riff about 1:20 or something, try to play it as you are now, but instead of playing open E string and then the thing 4 times, play open E string the first 2 times, then 8 one time, then 7 one time.. Dont know if you get me here.. if not msg me and ill explain anyways.. your style is pretty similar to mine, and it bums me out that you dont live in DK so we could form the best band in the world (just after lamb of god of course)

Crit one of my recordings?
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=484117

Im recording them at home just like you.. just myself
Textures - greatest band ever
Sounds Awsome
I Like The Pitch Harmonics
But Your Song Buried To Your Feet
Sounds Like The Arms Of Sorrow From Killswitch Engage
You are very good, Juz. I have had you added for ages now, and whenever I go to your page I enjoy watching the videos of you playing the LTD. I asked you about that guitar a long time ago actually, but I ended up with an MH-301.
Current gear:
LTD MH-301 fitted with EMG 81/60
Ibanez SZ320
Peavey 5150 with JJ tubes
Avatar 4x12 with Warehouse Veteran 30 and British Lead Speakers
Crate XT120R
Dude this is pretty tight Im not gonna lie....keep it up
My Gear:
Jackson Dinky Reverse
Jackson Randy Rhoades
Crate 4x12 with head (yeah I know really cheap:S)
Boss ME-50
Electrophonix Metal Muff
Daddy-O Overdrive
Quote by jOHANEN
You did it again This rocks dude!! very catchy... A little idea here, the harmonized riff about 1:20 or something, try to play it as you are now, but instead of playing open E string and then the thing 4 times, play open E string the first 2 times, then 8 one time, then 7 one time.. Dont know if you get me here.. if not msg me and ill explain anyways.. your style is pretty similar to mine, and it bums me out that you dont live in DK so we could form the best band in the world (just after lamb of god of course)

Im recording them at home just like you.. just myself

i think i get what you mean, but you actually gave me a different idea when i read that that i now feel like trying out critted your song, agreed, our style is quite similar! haha and lamb of god are a mad band

Quote by AtrumArx
You are very good, Juz. I have had you added for ages now, and whenever I go to your page I enjoy watching the videos of you playing the LTD. I asked you about that guitar a long time ago actually, but I ended up with an MH-301.

oh nice! and thanks for nice words ive been a bit slack with videos lately, mainly because i havent been learning any new songs that would make interesting videos!

Quote by dylan87654321
pretty good cant believe your not signed

thanks man thats the eventual goal im aiming for once my band gets going a bit more, we just completed out lineup, and just got to work on a heap of covers to gel as a band

Quote by synth002
..Also never leave your guitar for that long again.. you should be working on lead stuff!!!

i know i know ive been playing a lot more this week now though, i dont wanna get slack again... i do a fair bit of work on lead stuff though, but when it comes to writing a solo, is where i usually have a few problems... eventually im gonna run back over all my songs and update the solos that need fixing up
Nice recording job. Really thick guitar tone. As for the composition, BLAH. It sounds to me like just another trivium/killswitch engage song. I mean thats good if thats what you're going for. You have talent and I think could write some creative death/black metal if you put your mind to it. Just curious, but what are some of your influences? I have a fairly good idea based on what I've heard here but im just wondering.
Quote by architekt
Nice recording job. Really thick guitar tone. As for the composition, BLAH. It sounds to me like just another trivium/killswitch engage song. I mean thats good if thats what you're going for. You have talent and I think could write some creative death/black metal if you put your mind to it. Just curious, but what are some of your influences? I have a fairly good idea based on what I've heard here but im just wondering.

thanks for the crit man, im not terribly into a whole lot of death metal and stuff, but i definately lsiten to a fair bit of darker stuff... influences? the biggest ones are metallica, pantera, trivium, killswitch engage, lamb of god, tool... and john petrucci (i love suspended animation haha)... but im always lsitening to other stuff too like hatebreed, arch enemy and at the gates to name a few

as for the arrangement, well im pretty happy with the way it sits at the moment for this song, i always keep vocals in mind, so the song has a bit of a flow, but i also try to make things interesting with little pauses and what not
Shit that first riff is awesome. The riff after that sounds good but it's a little bit muddy. Once again, the harmonies are great.

Yea it does get a little repetitive but without vocals it always is.

Good job once again.
Alta Vera - My real life alternative rock band.
Ashen Spire - My personal metal band.

Super Mario, F-Zero & Dragonball Z covers!

PSN: whatev27

Let me ask you, does a machine like yourself ever experience fear?

definitely well played, but i wouldnt buy it. mainly because it sounds a bit too pleasant, if you no what i mean