Hey guys,

Check out this Muse song: (my favourite!):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_0s8gyb5_Ro

Is it fuzz he's using? It sounds like quite a tamed sort of fuzz if it is. I really like that sound, and I'm wondering how to emulate. At first I thought Big Muff, but every clip I've heard I've not really liked the sound, and it seems a bit TOO fuzzy.

This is quite a tight, controlled fuzz sound instead of a wild, muddy one.

Any suggestions? Thanks!
he uses the ztek fuzz factory
you cant spell manslaughter without laughter

Quote by ACG
I like my women how I like my cookies. Smothered in diarrhea.
So I read, but they're pretty expensive methinks... Would that be the recommendation though?
Quote by tard on tour
he uses the ztek fuzz factory

That would be the Z.Vex Fuzz Factory.
Z. Vex gear is great. Go for it.

There aren't many good, cheap fuzzes available nowadays. Sad, it is. I'm making some, check out my sig maybe. The silicon fuzz could come close to that sound.
I'm not very active here on UG currently.
I'm a retired Supermod off to the greener pastures of the real world.
Quote by pdomres
That would be the Z.Vex Fuzz Factory.

oh right, sorry
you cant spell manslaughter without laughter

Quote by ACG
I like my women how I like my cookies. Smothered in diarrhea.
Cool cool. I'll look for some ZVex UK stockists. So is what I'm hearing on that song a really light, controlled fuzz?
I've got a Fuzz Factory and trust me if you want Muse tone you can't go without one. They are just amazing. The can get the ZVEX Vexter series one that isn't hand-painted. Still hand-made just not hand-painted so you get like £40 off the price. Google Hotrox for UK stockist. Got mine there and the service was excellent. Cheapest in the UK too.
A recent study shows that 8% of teenagers listen to nothing but music with guitars in it. Put this in your sig if you're one of the 92% who isn't a closed-minded moron.
My band mate has a fuzz factory, i'm incredibly jealous. However it does take some tweaking to get a sound that doesn't feedback it's ass off.