Ok, im doing a peice in ternery (ABA) (for the record it is a fast tempo in A and then slows down for B) and for the A section i have this riff similar to 'Curve' by John Petrucci. I use an E lydian Scale over it and although i have idea's for a B section, its quite hard to link it with something from lydian. I wanted to use this E major chord progression which goes E, D, A - very simple but its good to use an E major appegio over it and i've got some good licks to go with it. The problem with this is that it sounds quite different to the main section A. Is there anyway i can get a contrasting section which will still sound like the same song ?
UG Profile

- Ibanez S470DX
- Orange Rockerverb 50 head
- Orange PPC212
- MXR Micro Amp
- CryBaby Wah

Member of the Matt Bellamy > Shred Club! PM Aidy Damage or Metallica708 to join!
Member Of The Orange Revolution Club
um....i think ABAs binary form. And traditionally theres a key change for the B section. So the domaint of B maj is F# major, so maybe you could develop your piece in F# major for you B section. And since its GCSE your B section can be quite contrasting, its not especially important, as long as its notated nicely.
Quote by Def
um....i think ABAs binary form. And traditionally theres a key change for the B section. So the domaint of B maj is F# major, so maybe you could develop your piece in F# major for you B section. And since its GCSE your B section can be quite contrasting, its not especially important, as long as its notated nicely.

no, ABA is ternary form
Quote by Jaffaps2
It's meant to reflect Clapton's career, starts off good but then turns into a piece of shit.

The Lord has done mighty things with his right hand
Psalms chapter 118, verse 12
Quick question, how are you recording and notating this piece ?
erm, i'll record it by using a small mixing desk into the computer, record the drums, then bass guitar etc...

Because the main riff (part A) is lydian based (sharped 4th) it's quite difficult contrasting it melodically and then making it easy enough to link it back to A again. I find going to the dominant doesn't really fit, unless i use a different set of chords.
UG Profile

- Ibanez S470DX
- Orange Rockerverb 50 head
- Orange PPC212
- MXR Micro Amp
- CryBaby Wah

Member of the Matt Bellamy > Shred Club! PM Aidy Damage or Metallica708 to join!
Member Of The Orange Revolution Club
Quote by Def
I think ABA's Binary form

Binary is just AB.

EDIT: And maybe get Guitar Pro? You can print off the piece as standard notation, and export it as a midi file.
R E G G A E
woops srry. gt comfused with sonata form, as that seems to follow an aba sort of structure. I knwo theres more to it thatn that.