for some reason every guitarist i talk to(or people who know someone who has one) say that warlocks just plain suck. my brothers friend is rich and literally bout 2 warlocks to smash.
why?
i dont see anything wrong with mine at all and in fact mine seems to own
so whats up. is there an anti-warlock pact going on or something? lol
"Bock Bock Chewy"
Warlocks are the best characters right behind Shaman. Everbody loves Warlocks. They're so powerful. Mine is Lvl 60 ( Don't have The Burning Crusade as of yet ).
It's normally Start owners who slag off BC Rich coz they just don't get it.
I've got a Kerry King signiture Warlock with EMG pickups in it and it rocks. It looks cool on stage, sounds great and plays really comfortably.
Obviously I can't play blues on it but thats not what its designed for.
I suppose its personal preference whether you like the shape or not and the entry level ones are made of cheap wood and have crap stock pickups.
The new BC Rich 2007 range has some awesome looking guitars in it though
Dave Mustain has wrote some of the most amazing solos...
That he can't actually play!
Lower end warlocks and bc riches in general are aimed at 12 year olds that only want to look cool. Poor quality pickups, wood and hardware. For the price you could get much better.
The bronze warlocks are just badly made, with bad parts. The higher up ones are good guitars, but I've always thought they looked crap.
Quote by ownedmatt
Warlocks are the best characters right behind Shaman. Everbody loves Warlocks. They're so powerful. Mine is Lvl 60 ( Don't have The Burning Crusade as of yet ).

I hope you're kidding, but the last sentence makes me doubt.

Anyway, low-end Warlocks DO suck.
think of cheap Warlocks as been like a squier Strat and the expensive warlocks as been like Fender strats
ether really good
or REALLY bad
Quote by freedoms_stain

I think it's sick to force kids to take part in hate mongering and sick for spoonman to think its right for any adult to throw anything at a child.
Nothing is wrong with warlocks, its just a shape. Yes the low end ones arnt very nice but the higher ends are. Especially the new range *drools*, those calibre classics are the shit.
Quote by Rockstar12345
One does not simply walk onto a Chav's lawn
think this depends alot on personal taste too.. I can't stand the looks of those.. so I would never have one even if it's good. Just like some women..
1975 Ibanez Les Paul Custom with EMG 81\85 pups
Ibanez RG 470
Fender DG-8
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Marshall MS2
Marshall JH-1 dist pedal
Quote by ownedmatt

Lol, I see we have a WoW junkie. It's bad for your health, brother!

Anyway, actual warlocks ain't bad, the low end ones suck, fair enough. But so do other low end guitars. A lot of people haven't even tried one and just repeat the same old opinion they hear flying around.

As an owner of a Platinum warlock I can tell you they really aren't bad. It is all preference. People will say I could have got better for the money, but in all complete honesty, I didn't find a single guitar with as smooth a neck as this one, the looks were a cool bonus. I plan on changing the pickups at some point in the future, as I admit the sound is a bit lifeless.

If you like the guitar, no one can tell you they are bad, IMO.