i have a schecter damien 6. ive had it for about a year now and have never had any problems with it. i recently started a band and i play lead guitar. i went from using a randall 200 watt combo with it and my guitar made a loud, annoying, whistling sound when turned up loud enough to be heard over the drums. i thought maybe the amp was the problem but i now play through a line 6 half stack and i STILL have the problem. when i turn it up loud to be heard over the thrashing of the drums, all i get it is this loud squeal. ive lowered my pickups and that doesnt help. it has EMG H4 HZs. they sound awesome when the volume on the amp isnt that loud and im just practicing alone, but when turned up loud its the most annoyting shit ever. if anyone could help me with what can be done to fix this, please let me know. because i love the feel of this guitar and dont have money to buy another one. any help would be appreciated...thanx.
"When a man lies he murders some part of the world, these are the pale deaths which men miscall their lives, all this i cannot bear to witness any longer, cannot the kingdom of salvation take me home? " - Cliff Burton (R.I.P)
im no expert but perhaps buying a noise suppression pedal would help. i get the same problem but dont have the cash at the minute.
Gear:
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Epiphone EDS-1275
Epiphone Les Paul
Schecter C-1+
Peavey Delta Blues
ive thought of that too. but i dont have the cash at the moment either. and if that doesnt work then i dont want to have wasted the money on it. but thanx though...ill eventually get one, just not right now. anyone else have any suggestions?
"When a man lies he murders some part of the world, these are the pale deaths which men miscall their lives, all this i cannot bear to witness any longer, cannot the kingdom of salvation take me home? " - Cliff Burton (R.I.P)
Last edited by rockfan at Jan 21, 2007,
Turn down the treble, stand away from any electrical equipment (amp included), turn the tone knob to zero?
i had the same problem. now i have a pedal with a noise gate. It silence the guitar when you are not playing and it helps to get all the other noise away
What model of Line 6? I played my friends Spider the other day, I cranked it and it was by far the most disgusting sounding thing I've ever heard in my life. Crap tone and loads of feedback and humming.
Quote by rockfan
i have a schecter damien 6. ive had it for about a year now and have never had any problems with it. i recently started a band and i play lead guitar. i went from using a randall 200 watt combo with it and my guitar made a loud, annoying, whistling sound when turned up loud enough to be heard over the drums. i thought maybe the amp was the problem but i now play through a line 6 half stack and i STILL have the problem. when i turn it up loud to be heard over the thrashing of the drums, all i get it is this loud squeal. ive lowered my pickups and that doesnt help. it has EMG H4 HZs. they sound awesome when the volume on the amp isnt that loud and im just practicing alone, but when turned up loud its the most annoyting shit ever. if anyone could help me with what can be done to fix this, please let me know. because i love the feel of this guitar and dont have money to buy another one. any help would be appreciated...thanx.

that's called feedback, you get it in active pickups. step back from the amp, and don't point it at the guitar.
^They're not active pickups. And yeah, it's not your guitar, either turn the gain down, stand farther away from your amp, and/or get a noise gate.