Keith Morris is a really cool guy.

Do you think he was better in Black Flag or Circle Jerks?

My opinion: Circle Jerks.
For me it's the Jerks, too. But i think this might just be in the wrong section, since he is more of a hardcore singer than a punk singer.
Quote by unhealthy
For me it's the Jerks, too. But i think this might just be in the wrong section, since he is more of a hardcore singer than a punk singer.

Hardcore and punk are one in the same. Hardcore is merely a growth of punk. If I posted this in the "hardcore" section, I'd probably get dumbfounded remarks like, "Wasn't he the drummer for Norma Jean? LOLLERCAUST"
I love his stuff on the Nervous Breakdown EP, but he did more with the Circle Jerks. I'll go with the Circle Jerks, just because he recorded more material with them, and theyre awesome
for a second, i thought it was the circle jerks. However, I recently purchased Black Flag's the first four years on vinyl and it was so much better than the cd.
Neither.

Group Sex is a tremendous album, but everything after that is "OKAY" at best, and I never really cared for his (*or pretty much any) Black Flag material.
Circle that A, motherfucker!
Last edited by Warm-And-Fuzzy at Jan 21, 2007,
keith morris is my hero.
I love the shit he did when he was in black flag, and circle jerks have their place in my heart.
peace & chemicals
Much better in the Circle Jerks.

I agree with Matt, Black Flag were a punk band then, but I guess they're considered hardcore today. Though it's weird; I've seen the Germs referred to sometimes as hardcore, but they were definitely a Hollywood band.
Angry Samoans > Both of them.

But since the Angry Samoans have nothing to do with Keith Morris, I'll say that his work with the jerks > his work with Black Flag.
Quote by Iluvpowerchords
Angry Samoans > Both of them.

Poke, Poke, Poke your eyes ouuuut!
Circle that A, motherfucker!
Circle Jerks, and has he cut his hair yet?
Quote by CowsWithGuns
And the facade of heterosexualism in the punk and ska forum came crashing down like a fat girl falling off a balcony...
This kid that lives down the street from me's dad claims he ****ed Keith's girlfriend while they were dating back in the day.

Also, it pisses me off that they were charging 20 dollars when they opened (yes, opened) for Pennywise back in October. WTF?
The circle jerks had a show here in tallahassee ( i go to florida state) and it was 17 dollars, i thought it was worth it to see the original line up. Lower Class Brats were there as well.
peace & chemicals
Well I do like Nervous Breakdown EP. But I like the Circle Jerks better just because of the song Deny Everything.
What's up?
Black Flag was good with Morris, but there are few punk records better than Group Sex.
Quote by the glue man
This kid that lives down the street from me's dad claims he ****ed Keith's girlfriend while they were dating back in the day.

Also, it pisses me off that they were charging 20 dollars when they opened (yes, opened) for Pennywise back in October. WTF?

that's horrible considering pennywise convers them. wow. but i like him better in the circle jerks. group sex rules, does anyone know why the tracks are on there twice?
THIS IS MY SIGNATURE

Anyone ever see the videos of the beastie boys covering the circle jerks its weird they started out punk
Quote by waterproofpie
Sometimes people say they don't like Operation Ivy. Those people are what we call liars.

UG's Premiere Dancelete
Quote by texas78621
Much better in the Circle Jerks.

Abso-friggin'-lutely.

Quote by texas78621
I agree with Matt, Black Flag were a punk band then, but I guess they're considered hardcore today. Though it's weird; I've seen the Germs referred to sometimes as hardcore, but they were definitely a Hollywood band.

Yeah, they were a Hollywood band that had the sound (as in 2 chords, screaming and no fecking talent) that became the monster known as hardcore.

You just don't wanna admit that punk shot itself dead in 1979 and that hardcore was its' bastard son, do ya?
I know a couple of the original "One Hundred Punks" from LA, and they agree that punk was pretty much dead by 1980, at the latest.

That's probably why the movie "American Hardcore" chronicles hardcore music starting at 1980.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_KAYRQfxbc

The corporate dinosaurs at Sony figured it out.
Why can't you?
Quote by sargasm
I don't like straight edge because it's part of Hardcore, and I don't like Hardcore because, aside from the terrible music, the kids are often very homophobic.

You forgot ugly, lazy and disrespectful.
Listen to "Forming" again.

My dead grandmother can play that song better than that dead junkie Darby could, and Grandma didn't have any arms.
Quote by sargasm
I don't like straight edge because it's part of Hardcore, and I don't like Hardcore because, aside from the terrible music, the kids are often very homophobic.

You forgot ugly, lazy and disrespectful.
Quote by johnnynemo
Abso-friggin'-lutely.

Yeah, they were a Hollywood band that had the sound (as in 2 chords, screaming and no fecking talent) that became the monster known as hardcore.

You just don't wanna admit that punk shot itself dead in 1979 and that hardcore was its' bastard son, do ya?
I know a couple of the original "One Hundred Punks" from LA, and they agree that punk was pretty much dead by 1980, at the latest.

That's probably why the movie "American Hardcore" chronicles hardcore music starting at 1980.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_KAYRQfxbc

The corporate dinosaurs at Sony figured it out.
Why can't you?

Why do you insist that any punk music you don't like or any after 77 isn't punk?
What's up?
Quote by the glue man
They were ****ing horrible. That's why I love them.

same here, they were fantastically shitty but fun to listen to
Quote by CowsWithGuns
And the facade of heterosexualism in the punk and ska forum came crashing down like a fat girl falling off a balcony...
Quote by johnnynemo
Listen to "Forming" again.

My dead grandmother can play that song better than that dead junkie Darby could, and Grandma didn't have any arms.

What does your grandmothers arms have to do with how she could sing JohnnyNemo??? Play the same song? As in an instrument? Pat Smear plays guitar not Darby Crash. Lorna Doom plays bass not Darby Crash. I don't understand why she needs needs arms to sing Forming or for that case why she doesn't have arms.

The guitar work for the Germs wasn't why they were a great band stupid. Don't slam Darby Crash he is a legend. Like Jesse Michaels he didn't need to be a great vocalist to be a great front man. Darby and his lyrics are why the Germs were great not their guitar work JohnnyNemo.

Last edited by VodkaPunk at Jan 23, 2007,
it's just the ****ing internet...calm down. he doesn't like the germs...
Quote by BrianApocalypse
Rancid are the best punk band ever.

Tim Armstrong is a songwriting genius, is a complete fashion diva and has an incredible singing voice.

He doesn't sound like Opie from family guy at all.
Rip them down
Hold me up
Tell them that
I'm your gun
Pull my trigger
I am bigger than-

Mr. Prez in his big White House
Listen he says we're comin' out
Infiltration-we're numbin' your minds
Concentration-we've done time

Over there the Queen she says
Let's stamp them out and dry
those tears

Saturation-we want in taxes
Flagelation-we've got gashes

In the cold, the czars claimin'
Just protectin', rockets aimin'
Alteration-the word is changin'
Observation-we want action

I the Emperor proclaim
Us the masters we rule the game
Inclination-somethin' to dream on
Deprivation-we are sons

In all fairness, I have seen worse in the songwriting and lyrics section, but these ARE pretty poor. I wrote better lyrics when I was 10. Forming uses a common songwriting trick. Write a piece of shite song, put a few long words in, and people will think "wow, gee wiz, this guy's a genius cuz he's usin' words they never taught me yet!" "flagellation? wow, I'm gonna look what that means on wikipedia!" and overlook anything else. if you want an example of good lyrics, check out bad religion, because they only PRETEND to be retarded, they actually aren't. Greg Graffin is an actual doctor (he has a pHD) AND behaves like one (he does bad stuff on webcams)

The worst thing, however, about the germs is that they ruined guitar. Nothing after the germs has a good guitar sound, because it's all saturated distortion power chord shit.

And music will never recover. Even "one day it will please us" has shitty germs guitar in places. It ruins what would otherwise be the best album for a LONG time.

And that is why I don't like hardcore.

EDIT: And the only gashes in "Forming" are the c*nts performing it.
Last edited by BrianApocalypse at Jan 23, 2007,
God... most all of the "original punks" and people that were "there from the start" are so closed-minded and elitist because they are pathetic and want to retain the fact that they were part of something "new and original" and don't want anybody else to be a part of that.

It's sickening and down-right obnoxious.