I have a...dilemma. I'm thinking of getting a Taylor 414CE because I can get it for $1500 brand new with a custom Fishman pickup. They cost $1849 on MF and all sites.

But I'm really an electric player; I play my Strat the majority of the time. Do you think I should just save up for some high end pedals and a high end amp? Or get the acoustic? I don't really know what to do. I don't have the money right now but I will in a few months.

Just need a few suggestions, that's all. Thanks guys.
*Taylor 214ce Acoustic
*Fender Highway One Honey Blonde Strat (Fralin Pickups)
*Epiphone Zephyr Regent (Gibson '57 Humbucker)
*Vox 847 Wah
*Fulltone Fulldrive 2 MOSFET
*Fender Blues Deluxe Amp
That depends. Are you into acoustic music? Are you just getting the Taylor because it's a good buy?
I like playing John Mayer's acoustic stuff along with other acoustic music. And the Taylor is a great buy, but I've discussed this with my guitar teacher and other people and they all say the 400 series are probably the best bang for your buck out of all Taylors. Ovangkol woods are used which have a unique sound. My teacher has one and he loves the thing. I played it, and it is SO much fuller and deeper sounding than my 214, which is rather thin. So...there are multiple reasons why I'd want the 414.
*Taylor 214ce Acoustic
*Fender Highway One Honey Blonde Strat (Fralin Pickups)
*Epiphone Zephyr Regent (Gibson '57 Humbucker)
*Vox 847 Wah
*Fulltone Fulldrive 2 MOSFET
*Fender Blues Deluxe Amp
So sell your 214, and use that money + some of yours to go towards the 414. With the money saved up, you have some extra spending cash left over.

Same thing, if you want that high end amp, selling your current amp + your acoustic can give you some decent money for going Talyor + New good amp.
haha
i think its nuts.

after a cetain level. pouring tons of money into an acoustic isnt going to get u an EVEN better sound.

the tones i get out of my $600 acoustic are already fantasic. after a certain point its all amp, PA ect. just like it is with electric.

it's one thing if u were primarily an acoustic player. but if not? the rest is just showboating, imo.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
^Agreed. And I'll never go acoustic shopping, just because I've never played any acoustic that sounds AND feels better than my Alvarez that I got for free.
^^ Agreed. My Dean Exotica ($675 new) sounds and plays awesome.

And yeah, things kind of plateau after a certain point, IMO.
my dad has a seagull acoustic that owns! i never plan on buying my own.
Quote by corduroyEW
Cheap amps are "that bad". They suck up your tone like cocaine at Kate Moss' party.

I am Michael!
Quote by tubab0y
my dad has a seagull acoustic that owns! i never plan on buying my own.

Same here, dude. I'd say go with pedals or a new amp.