Has anyone ever had a go at this? Does it cost much to do im not talking bout a high-end amp or anything just a simple one. Are there any sites that can help me in trying to build one?
Gear:

Guitars:
ESP Ltd Ex-50
Jackson DK2M(Coming Soon)
Amp:
Laney Mxd120
Accessories:
Digitech Rp100 Effects Pedal
Quote by call1800ksmyazz
check my big thread on my 18watt plexi build. links in my sig.

+2

Kerry's build is awesome. You'll pick up a lot of info from that. Some wiring diagram's in there too (I think!).

but that was quite an expensive project.I was thinking like just a small practice amp for a school project like just 1 input maybe a gain channel etc .
Gear:

Guitars:
ESP Ltd Ex-50
Jackson DK2M(Coming Soon)
Amp:
Laney Mxd120
Accessories:
Digitech Rp100 Effects Pedal
try building a pignose. the entire amp (pre and power) is like, maybe, 2x2 in, and it looks relatively simple, and only 3 watts. i can't be arsed, but google a schematic.

Pignose 7-100
My Blog
New bands you wish you knew about!

Check This Band:As Blood Runs Black
Guitarist of the month: Quorthon

Got a good band that you want to share with the world? PM me and I'll write them a review.
Don't expect it to be cheaper than buying in alot of cases. It's only really worth it if you're building a discontinued amp that's rare. You'd be better off buying a Triple Rec. than building one.
Same for most amps really. An Epi VJ will be cheaper than the most common small amp build, the Champ.

Personally, I'd build a Champ though anyways, as it's a fun project, and you get to tweak the amp how you want it. Not to mention you can use very nice parts.
I'm not very active here on UG currently.
I'm a retired Supermod off to the greener pastures of the real world.
try an ax87 firefly, i made one out of a cheap epiphone studio 10 (which I don't recommend). it cost just under $100. it's not as clean, but it's nice and ballsy (atleast, I like to think).
^ ax84 has some good help on their forums and stuff. Lots of diagrams and stuff too

www.ax84.com
|~| Iron Maiden addiction |~|
\m/ \m/

gear in profile