will this get rid of feedback for the most part? and how else will it affect my pickup
Nicks and dents are battle scars...they give a guitar history.

Quote by Homer Simpson
When you think about it, mud is just wet dirt.
It won't get rid of feedback, that's normal. Odds are your pickup is already potted and trying to pot it could ruin the pickup.
What dave said - potting will get rid of michophonic feedback, but not the feedback you're probably talking about. That's a grounding problem, a whole different kettle of fish. I'm assuming you have a Strat-like guitar, so read this
"Everybody, one day will die and be forgotten. Act and behave in a way that will make life interesting and fun. Find a passion, form relationships, don't be afraid to get out there and fuck what everyone else thinks."
^ I've heard lots of people referring to grounding issues as 'feedback' and assumed he was talking about this.
"Everybody, one day will die and be forgotten. Act and behave in a way that will make life interesting and fun. Find a passion, form relationships, don't be afraid to get out there and fuck what everyone else thinks."
If it was to do with grounding it would be more of a hum. I'm pretty sure he's talking about actual feedback.