Hey guys, I have whats mentioned in the title...question about the sound I'm getting.

I use the Cubes clean channel and overdrive it to hell with the ME50s MT(2?) setting but I'm getting quite an odd sound. I actually think it's my pickups, but when I play in bridge pickup everything is Metallica chunky sounded, as it should be, but when I switch to neck to play a fast scale, for example, the sound gets very...bumble bee in a jam jar-y when it should really get...fatter? Bassy? It's annoying me a little bit, any ideas on what my EQ (treble, mids, bass, presence) should be set to? Tone on the pedal? Gain?

Thanks in advance.
Axe FX 2
Matrix GT1000FX
Mesa 4x12
Behringer FCB1010
Boss ME-50 into Roland cube - box of digital trickery into box of digital trickery = messed up signal and odd things happening to the sound. Either just use the amps models, or use the ME-50 on the bypass channel...you can't overdrive a modelling amp, particularly with more digital stuff, you just get strange things happening.

Also, just play with less gain anyway, or pick a better distortion effect, the MT-2 pedal is bad enough, I imagin a sim is even worse!
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by steven seagull
Boss ME-50 into Roland cube - box of digital trickery into box of digital trickery = messed up signal and odd things happening to the sound. Either just use the amps models, or use the ME-50 on the bypass channel...you can't overdrive a modelling amp, particularly with more digital stuff, you just get strange things happening.

Also, just play with less gain anyway, or pick a better distortion effect, the MT-2 pedal is bad enough, I imagin a sim is even worse!

Ah...but I use the ME50 on the Cubes clean channel...I'm not THAT dumb.

What other kind of distortion can model what I am looking for? (Metal style chunky tone, beefy for shred stuff)
Axe FX 2
Matrix GT1000FX
Mesa 4x12
Behringer FCB1010
Sorry...not paying attention! The MT-2 pedal sucks all the midrange out and kills your tone dead so I'm guessing the model does the same. You could try mucking with the EQ, one thing I do know is that an MT-2 and scooped mids is a recipe for fizzy mud! I'd personally use a simpler distortion like a DS-1...the secret to any good sound is all in the EQ'ing.

Also, as an aside, just make sure that your pickups outputs are balanced, if the bridge is quieter than the neck that could be part of the problem.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by steven seagull
Sorry...not paying attention! The MT-2 pedal sucks all the midrange out and kills your tone dead so I'm guessing the model does the same. You could try mucking with the EQ, one thing I do know is that an MT-2 and scooped mids is a recipe for fizzy mud! I'd personally use a simpler distortion like a DS-1...the secret to any good sound is all in the EQ'ing.

Also, as an aside, just make sure that your pickups outputs are balanced, if the bridge is quieter than the neck that could be part of the problem.

Thank you sir.

I'll go off and play around with it now.
Axe FX 2
Matrix GT1000FX
Mesa 4x12
Behringer FCB1010