I am a generally new guitarist....I know "what" pentatonic scales are but i dont no how to actually "use" them in making a solo.....could u guys maybe explain plz?
Easy just basically if you want a simplistic solo just go up and down the scale and bend some of the higher ones...thats if you want nothing special or reasonably good
There's a place where a depth charge ignites.
improvise over it
its much easier if you have a backing track or rythm guitar or something than just sitting and improvising over it
Guitars:
Parkwood PW320M
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Epiphone C-40 willie nelson signature
Squier Strat
Some beat up acoustic from '68

Amps:
Vox Ad50vt
Crate xt15r

Effects:
Vox Clyde McCoy Wah
Well, most pro guitarists use pentatonic, even if sparingly, so look at some tabs of your favourite guitar players.

Some other cool ways to use it:

e|--5--5--5--5--5--5
b|8b-8b-8b-8b-8b-8b

The point being that the 8th fret (or anywhere, it can be used all over) is bent fully, which will match the note of the 5th fret. So you're essentially playing the same note. But it still sounds cool.

e|8-5-8-5----8-5-8-5----
b|--------8-5--------8-5
  D U D U D U D U D U D U

The point being here that you pick each note, and it sounds pretty awesome. Zakk Wylde style thing.

e|---12------------------------
b|15b--15-12---12--12----------
g|----------14b--14b--14b-14-12

This is willpulman_172 style . Just run through the standard pentatonic shapes, throwing a bend here and there, tremolo picking if you have that down etc, and find your own way of using it.

And that post took fucking ages to write, so please appreciate it.

EDIT: PM me if there is anything else you want to know. I'm not the most knowledgable person by far, but I'm happy to help any way I can.
R E G G A E
ya, improvisation works as aforementioned... arpeggios? run up the scale in different octaves? try to match parts of the melody?
Quote by GibsonPuppeteer
I've had the tiny ones in my mouth and accidentally swallowed a bit of the liquid, you should be all right.

Quote by xDie_Romanticx
just dont get it in your eyes and wear gloves
I suggest you learn some easy solos to get a feel for different ways of using various scales.
For the pentatonic scale I suggest you learn the solo in the song 'Money' (by Pink Floyd), even if you don't like the song, you should learn the solo, it isn't difficult, and uses the pentatonic scale almost exclusively (the minor B pentatonic to be exact).
The catch with pentatonics is that you have to play with alot of bends, hammer on's, pull off, slides, cause of lack of notes, with out them it's boring, take jimmy page for e.g only pentatonic runs, but look at the variety of legato he used....kirk hammett aswell