OKay so there's a couple things bothering me with my DK2 Firestorm, which I got on Friday [it's second hand].

First off, this Firestorm boost switch doesn't seem to be doing a damn thing. It's a 2 way switch and when it's switched towards the neck my guitar plays fine, but when it's switched the other way the sound cuts out. So I'm thinking it's a problem with the gain pot for it? OR this:

On the output, it has the black wire going to the battery, white wire going to a blue box thing inside which I think is to do with the boost, but on the other 'peg' thing, it looks like a wire's been cut from it. WTF?

Second problem is grounding I think. I'm getting loud humming and buzzing whenever I touch like the strings, pots or bridge etc. which I'm putting down to either the missing wire off the output or this:

You can't see very well coz of the flash, but there's a loose wire on top of the Firestorm boost gain pot which I can't fix til I get my dad's soldering iron tomorrow. If I fix this, will it sort the buzzing out do you reckon?

While I'm at it, I'm gonna get a Seymour Duncan TB 6 Trembucker next month. Will this Firestorm thing affect the pickup or can I just fit it like I would on any other gutar?

If anyone has any info/advice, that would be great.
By crook or fist I'll lather up your gracious smile.
And take my time...
I would, only I'm not gonna have any for a couple weeks. Plus, if it's something simple I can do myself then I'd rather do it.
And take my time...
Anyone?
And take my time...
Battery dead?

I thought the boost was a push-pull pot. Maybe the switch is a killswitch?
Nope, brand new battery.

I thought about it being a killswitch at first, seeing as the sound completely cuts out. But then I found out the guitar is actually a DK2FS and had a look at the specs and it's defo a boost. My first guitar with a boost on so I'm not clued up on them really.

Hmm... would a killswitch requre a battery to work?
And take my time...