Not so much building as repairing. I have a Peavey Rockingham, a hollow body guitar, and a few hours ago the strap come loose and it dropped onto my FX Board. 2 of the dials were embedded into the body, and have left holes in it.

They're around 5x5mm each, where they are they're not noticable and it hasn't affected the sound, but could anyone advise me on how to go about plugging them?

Cheers
Try...I think it's called wood putty? You put it in the hole as a gel-like thing and then it hardens. Haven't had shop in a while, but I think it would work for holes that small.
Quote by Ellron
Masterbate to her image then tell her about it...Then you will have to forget about her.

Quote by unplugtheradio
im gonna go tell my friends that if i die i want a myspace bulletin about me.
I'll check it out, I was expecting to have to buy a wood to cut to size or something.

EDIT: So as an idea, if I used a wood putty to fill the hole to around 1/2mm short of the top then applied a light finish to this, would that work ok? Sorry for the noob questions by the way.
Last edited by funky.monk at Jan 21, 2007,
wooden dowels put glue arounf them put then in the hole sand and then refinish
Guitars:
Ibanez IC300
Fender American Strat w/RioGrande texas specials

Amps:
Fender FM212R
a now broken tube amp

Quote by Gofishus
Dual Core. Do More. <-- Intel branded women.

Member of the Stevie Ray Vaughan Fan Club
Quote by funky.monk
Not so much building as repairing. I have a Peavey Rockingham, a hollow body guitar, and a few hours ago the strap come loose and it dropped onto my FX Board. 2 of the dials were embedded into the body, and have left holes in it.

They're around 5x5mm each, where they are they're not noticable and it hasn't affected the sound, but could anyone advise me on how to go about plugging them?

Cheers

I highly recommend that you also PM our Acoustic builders/experts here. CorduroyEW (luthier) and dave293 come to mind. I forgot the others but they might see this and respond.

Good Luck!