Page 1 of 4
Hi , thanks to a thread i saw earlier this month in the pit, ive found a program called ninjam, which can be located to download Here. Basically, its an online jam session. There are a few servers, each of which allow 8 people to be on at once. When you get into a good room its really good fun. I thought it might be a good idea to have a few jam sessions for people from this forum. It will be great, especially if we can get a few different people playing different instruments apart from the guitar, like drums and the bass, maybe keyboard too? Anyway, it would be great if we could get a few people signed up to do it, then have a designated time where we all go on and jam for a bit.

David safc - Guitar
Zoso136 - Guitar (shredding)
HawkaLuigi - rhythm guitar/vocals/harmonica/bass
mattreid222 - Bass
Nightmare_xxx - bass
jammer-91 - Rythem guitar
TehNez - Guitar/Vocals
guitarfan93 - Bass
andrew12398 - Guitar
Last edited by david_safc at Jan 21, 2007,
I'm always up for a new thing, but you have to wait till after I get back from band practice.

EDIT: rhythm guitar/vocals/harmonica
Get off my lawn.
Oh yeah, if you don't have anyone signed up for bass by the time I get back, I can do that too.
Get off my lawn.
I can play Bass
Not too well though
Quote by DUP3R
I like my women like I like my Pop-tarts : dipped in blood and covered in a gay man's feces.

This sig was too fucking big. Make it smaller next time, chief.
Last edited by Alreddyded at Jan 21, 2007,
Sounds cool but my connection is 1Mbit and i dont know if ill be ok for that..
My gear:
-Gibson Les Paul Studio
-Fender DG-11E Black (Acoustic)
-Marshall AVT50
-Cry Baby "Wylde Wah"
-Roland RE-20 Space Echo
sounds interesting. i guess i could do bass.

edit: damn. nevermind. :p
Dinobot clone of the Predacons Beast Wars Club
PM NightmareXT To Join!

Member #6 of the Geddy Lee fan club - pm RIC4003 to join.
UG spartan number 180
Can i join.... I be the power chord rythm guitarist. Itll be fun, sure im in! How does this program work, im downloading it now. DO we record and play it at one later or do we record and it plays it live at the same time?

Thanks
Quote by RHCP94
Green Day should be so proud that there band is better than a bunch of 16 year olds.................medals anyone?

Quote by вяaи∂ иєw
Gotta love ticked off metal heads.

JAMMER-91

Hare Krishna
Quote by david_safc
Hi , thanks to a thread i saw earlier this month in the pit, ive found a program called ninjam, which can be located to download Here. Basically, its an online jam session. There are a few servers, each of which allow 8 people to be on at once. When you get into a good room its really good fun. I thought it might be a good idea to have a few jam sessions for people from this forum. It will be great, especially if we can get a few different people playing different instruments apart from the guitar, like drums and the bass, maybe keyboard too? Anyway, it would be great if we could get a few people signed up to do it, then have a designated time where we all go on and jam for a bit.

David safc - Guitar
Zoso136 - Guitar (shredding)
HawkaLuigi - rhythm guitar/vocals/harmonica/bass
mattreid222 - Bass

I've been using Ninjam for a long time (over a year I think). Unfortunately, recently I've lost my 1/4" to 1/8" adapter so I can't really connect the guitar to the computer at the moment. I'll probably pick up one soon enough and then I'll join you guys for some jams.
Quote by jammer-91
Can i join.... I be the power chord rythm guitarist. Itll be fun, sure im in! How does this program work, im downloading it now. DO we record and play it at one later or do we record and it plays it live at the same time?

Thanks

It's streamed real-time. Like a real jam.

Make sure you know how to play in a key before you start playing pointless, out of key stuff.
ill sign up when i can be assed
My Gear:
ESP LTD EC-1000 SW
ESP LTD EC 500 STBC
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Dean Razorback Two Tone
Ibanez 7 string
Randall RH150G3 Head and Cab
if i try to connect it says i need a password and a hostname, even signing in anomyously leaves me minus a host.
Check out 8-Bit Trip!
www.myspace.com/8BitTrip

-·-·-·[ Music Squirrel ]·-·-·-

Also, get on my profile and friend me, bitches!
I don't really understand how this works, but count me in. I could do an added guitar, maybe vocals if you feel like adding that in.
Guitars:
Fender Standard Strat
Fender Deluxe Active Jazz Bass
Martin DX1

Amps:
Peavey Classic 50/212

Pedal Board:
Gator 8-Bus
Boss TU-2 Tuner
Digitech Bad Monkey
Ibanez CF7 Chorus/Flanger
ISP Decimator
Dual button footswitch
Last edited by TehNez at Jan 21, 2007,
i can do guitar or bass. I downloaded the program and its askin me what host to connect to? any help on this
Quote by Chikitty_China
Well, when I'm fapping, I sometimes look at my left hand and wonder what could have been ....
I'm up for it but I'm probably not as good as all of you people though.

I forgot to add i like to play funk but I'll play anything.
Last edited by Virage at Jan 21, 2007,
andrew12398 on whatever type of guitar.
Quote by Zinnie
god placed the fossils in earth to confuse the humans into thinking that earth is older than it actually is, therefore, making men try and think outside the box....

just kidding, there is no god

www.youtube.com/user/andrew12398
do you have to play like into a mic or through an interface or what? cuz i would be cool with playing lead guitar or vocals for it, if thats how it works
Quote by Virage
I'm up for it but I'm probably not as good as all of you people though.

I forgot to add i like to play funk but I'll play anything.

dont worry mate, im not so good myself but it should be good fun
so is there a room going or what or how do i connect to someone... i just want to jam for a few minutes now with someone
I'll come in a room right now if someone will help me with a problem, why is it delaying my sound and making my guitar sound slower than I'm really playing?
Quote by Zinnie
god placed the fossils in earth to confuse the humans into thinking that earth is older than it actually is, therefore, making men try and think outside the box....

i don't even hear my guitar in the program.... any help? i have it plugged in through a 1/4 to 1/8 converter into the back of my Mac G5..... works on garage band but no sound in the program.... any help? plus how do i join a room someone has going?
If I could find a way to get headphones to go to the basement I could prolly play drums instead. So put me as a maybe drums.
Quote by Zinnie

Quote by andrew12398
I'll come in a room right now if someone will help me with a problem, why is it delaying my sound and making my guitar sound slower than I'm really playing?

It's called latency. It's adjustable if your using an interface.
Guitars:
Fender Standard Strat
Martin DX1

Amps:
Peavey Classic 50/212

Pedal Board:
Gator 8-Bus
Boss TU-2 Tuner
Digitech Bad Monkey
ISP Decimator
Dual button footswitch
I need a host name and a password and I'm there.
Guitars:
Fender Standard Strat
Martin DX1

Amps:
Peavey Classic 50/212

Pedal Board:
Gator 8-Bus
Boss TU-2 Tuner
Digitech Bad Monkey
ISP Decimator
Dual button footswitch
Quote by americnidiot
i don't even hear my guitar in the program.... any help? i have it plugged in through a 1/4 to 1/8 converter into the back of my Mac G5..... works on garage band but no sound in the program.... any help? plus how do i join a room someone has going?

Preferances > Input Device > Built In Input
Guitars:
Fender Standard Strat
Martin DX1

Amps:
Peavey Classic 50/212

Pedal Board:
Gator 8-Bus
Boss TU-2 Tuner
Digitech Bad Monkey
ISP Decimator
Dual button footswitch
How about me meet in the 2049 test server? I'll be there anyways.
Quote by Zinnie

Maybe sometime when I get better. I don't think I'd be able to keep up, the only jamming I've ever done is simple 12 bar blues crap. But I'm gonna download it anyway

EDIT: I couldn't do it anyway, I keep getting disconnected from the damned server.
"Imagine all the people, sharing all the world"
-John Lennon
Last edited by Punk Rocker at Jan 21, 2007,
Page 1 of 4