Hey guys,

To complete the Trilogy(Searching, Found, Lost Again) I just put up another song, Lost Again(name suggested by ZigZag0420); It uses the acoustic guitar from TexasDB's "Two Sides", I did ask if I could use the acoustic part and put a lead over it; I did three takes of this song, all three different, and I put up the first cuz I liked the tapping part in it, even though I did screw up towards the end of the tapping;

Also: I just redid Searching and added a lead part, check it out! It's called SearchingNew! Please crit that too!

http://www.myspace.com/thatguyyouveneverheardof

Michael
Last edited by fingersofflame at Jan 21, 2007,
i really like it sounds good did u ever send it to me
My Music
http://www.myspace.com/theocifers
GUITARS:
Gibson ES-335
Gretsch Pro Jet
Guild Acoustic
1958 Harmony Hollowbody Archtop
AMPS & EFFECTS:
Vox Valvetronix AD50VT
Vox V847A Wah Pedal
Electro-Harmonix USA Big Muff
Danelectro Daddy-O
Yeah, I did; Have you got it yet? There are 3 different versions, check your email; all 3 should be there; Thank you sooo much for letting me use your acoustic piece, I really liked how it sounded, you're good for only playing for 3 months...Anyway, yeah, they should be in your email; db_92_texas@hotmail.com right?
did u mix them with audacity
My Music
http://www.myspace.com/theocifers
GUITARS:
Gibson ES-335
Gretsch Pro Jet
Guild Acoustic
1958 Harmony Hollowbody Archtop
AMPS & EFFECTS:
Vox Valvetronix AD50VT
Vox V847A Wah Pedal
Electro-Harmonix USA Big Muff
Danelectro Daddy-O
Yeah; I was gonna throw some drums in there too, but I lost my drum program when I got a new hard drive; Which do you like the most? They're all different, so I gotta know! :-)
i just listened to lost again and i think its pretty good/has potential

like the piece itself was very creative and enjoyable there were just a couple instances where the timing may have been off and/or the overdub didnt seem to line up right. other than that though it was great
Yeah, it was off, but I did that song at like 2 in the morning :-) Hehe, what did you like of SearchingNew?
wow, that was impressive. i am surprised you are listed as hardcore/metal its good that you aren't confined to shredding and all that like most metal-heads are on here. You should definitely add some lyrics and drums/bass to this, the potential is there for sure. You're playing is very crisp and not sloppy at all.
Yeah, my listing came weirdly...I didn't play this kind of stuff when I made that myspace, I'm prolly gonna change my genre so it's a little more diverse; I'm going to add some drums to the songs w/ acoustica beatcraft and I'll probably find some bass program and add those in; I might be able to salvage some lyrics, but I'm not much of a singer so idk how that'll turn out; I do play hardcore and metal, but this was some of my lighter stuff, I like to play different kinds of music, so I'll need to add acoustic to my genre list;
I liked "Lost again" it had a real laid back feel to it. Some parts were a bit repetitive, like the strumming part, but it sounded good. Good job on those dude. Thanks for critting my finger tapping video, i didnt speed it up at all though, i just practise alot
hehe, I didn't think you sped it up because you were playing fast, your breathing and neck movements didn't look right to me, like it does when someone speeds up the video; I believe you, don't worry! Have you heard SearchingNew? I was wondering if that was better than Searching...:-) Oh, the strumming parts(the acoustic guitar) wasn't done by me, it was done by TexasDB; I borrowed his acoustic part and added a lead guitar to the whole thing;

Thanks for the crit man!

Michael

Any more crits would be great!
thanks for the crit! in regards to your questions - i record entirely at home on my own, the drums are all synthesized, however theyre just a guide until i get my band working on the song

in regards to your song, the acoustic tone is great! is that mic'ed? i think a string section over the top of the song wouldnt hurt, itd definately help give the song an even nicer sound though some of the lead guitar stuff is a little off key/out of tune to the acoustic gituar and some of the tapping stuff might be a little over the top for the song though :P its got alot of potential though, have a play around with some extra instruments/midi
juzcook:

thanks man - What kind of setup do you have to record at home? How much did it all cost you?

Yeah, the guitars are mic'ed; For "Lost Again" the acoustic stuff was done by TexasDB, but "Searching", "SearchingNew", and "Found" were done by me...I just used the little mic built into my laptop and mixed it all w/ Audacity; My electric tone should get better as soon as my guitar cable gets here, it's got a special 1/4 in. to 1/8 in. Adapter...it was like 15 bucks at Best Buy; The tapping was a bit much, I do agree, but as for it being out of key I have no idea...I just did the E scale and threw in some chromatics, but I don't think that any of that was in this take; Anyway, I gotta get to Geometry class, Thanks for the crit!

Michael

Anymore crits on any of my songs would be great!
The guitar is good, some timing problems but a metrionme would fix that right away. I would love to hear some vocals soon because this gutiar is dang good. Good recording too, well put together together.
Thanks dude, did you hear SearchingNew? That's got way better timing, I just did it earlier(yesterday), fixed some volume issues too...Anyway g2g dude

Thanks for the crits everyone, any more are welcome!