I vaguely thought about going to a music school, but it's simply unrealistic at this point. So here are my newest videos, let the rape of my guitar skill begin!

Machine Gun:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ROCqF7jrXBk

The Wind Cries Mary:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=54jSOX9LTTc

I've been playing since April 2005 and have been taking lessons since that time. This thread is semi-serious/semi-joke so don't be too harsh on me.
*Taylor 214ce Acoustic
*Fender Highway One Honey Blonde Strat (Fralin Pickups)
*Epiphone Zephyr Regent (Gibson '57 Humbucker)
*Vox 847 Wah
*Fulltone Fulldrive 2 MOSFET
*Fender Blues Deluxe Amp
depends what you're going for. i hear the interview is intense... so yeah i dunno.
Gibson SG Standard + 18volt EMG-81 & 85
Mesa/Boogie Mark IV + Recto 2x12
Keeley Modded BD-2
Vox V847a
Quote by one vision
Bureaucrats gonna crat.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
JAZZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! learn everything about jazz you can. learn all the wierd, barely ever used chords. learn to sight read and show your abilityto play all types of music.
The Big Three

RR1 Rhoads, Dean FBD Dimbag Tribute ML (check), Ibanez Bad Horsie JEM

"blacker than the blackest black...times infinity."

"so get your ass checked out before its to late, turkeys!"
well the school is not in Berklee, it is in Berkley, good luck
Quote by Dudage
Pussies play P-90's

Quote by jesus-squared
alright i'll try it
but if it falls out and my guitar breaks i'm going to eat your first born.
...just so you know
Quote by Austrorammer
well the school is not in Berklee, it is in Berkley, good luck

No, he's talking about Berklee College of Music in Boston. Believe it or not, the name was chosen as a bit of a joke, referring to the famous university in Berkley, California.
they really are more of a jazz school- brush up on that.
Quote by corduroyEW
Cheap amps are "that bad". They suck up your tone like cocaine at Kate Moss' party.

I am Michael!
Quote by Holy Katana
No, he's talking about Berklee College of Music in Boston. Believe it or not, the name was chosen as a bit of a joke, referring to the famous university in Berkley, California.
Lol, interesting.

Oddly enough, it seems that most UG'ers aren't even aware that there's a Berkley.
Quote by 4# 5b (Tritone)
JAZZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! learn everything about jazz you can. learn all the wierd, barely ever used chords. learn to sight read and show your abilityto play all types of music.

My teacher is essentially a jazz player, so I know all those odd chords. 13th chords, 9th's, minor 9th's, 7th's, etc. etc.
*Taylor 214ce Acoustic
*Vox 847 Wah
*Fender Blues Deluxe Amp
Yeah, seriously, what does Berklee expect from you? I'm very interested in going in several years.
I'm back, you douchebags.
John Petrucci flunked out of Berklee...
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
I havent heard either of those songs so I cant tell you if your playing them good.....
But you wanna know alot of music theory stuff.
Quote by BigFatSandwich
it took you 15 consecutive hours of practice to realize that playing guitar makes you better at playing guitar. congratulations.

Quote by snowbert
SMOKE UN-DER WATER!!!

Quote by MESAexplorer

actually he dropped out to put 100% into the band.
Quote by BigFatSandwich
it took you 15 consecutive hours of practice to realize that playing guitar makes you better at playing guitar. congratulations.

Quote by snowbert
SMOKE UN-DER WATER!!!

See, to get into berklee you have to be a composer. You can't just play other people's music proficiently (which you clearly do). Post some original compositions.
Rolling Stones October 8th.....hell yea
Machine Gun sounded a bit... Choppy. A little disjointed.

What I noticed most of all is your head.

You're always looking at either your picking hand or the neck.

Basically... Berklee is really a lot more jazz-oriented, so learn more jazz. More theory. And just play more, and become more comfortable with your playing.
Posers are like punks, except they do it for fashion

notUG PUNK FORUM PRESIDENT!
Quote by MESAexplorer

flunking out of and not getting into are 2 different things. Not getting into consists of not being a good enough musician. Flunking out of consists of not trying hard enough.
Quote by casualty01
the RIAA can't shut us down, interpol can't shut us down. the U.S. gov't can't shut us down and CERTAINLY not YOU can shut us down.

BA in Music theory
MusicMan Bongo, SUB -> Orange Terror 1000 stack

Quote by waterproofpie
it's a UtBDan sandwich. Awwww yeah!
Quote by UtBDan
flunking out of and not getting into are 2 different things. Not getting into consists of not being a good enough musician. Flunking out of consists of not trying hard enough.

true enough, also like feltgrape said he dropped out, not flunked

anyway, based on those videos id say no and at the end of the day they dont really show us anything about YOUR compositional skills
My Musical attempts

My youtube music channel

Quote by TOMMYB22
Dammit, beaten to it, and by someone with the same name

CURSE YOU TOMMYT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote by daeqwon10000
I hate tommyt and the high horse which he rides upon
I'd say its probably more knowledge based... If you know theory, sight reading, and an overall good (not insane, but not noob level) feel of your instrument, and of course a decent GPA (I hear its only like straight C average...) you have a good chance.. ultimatly though it is about money, My friend's dad is close friends with a berklee recruiter, so I get a lot of info from him
[Founder of the Ibanez S players club.] Pm Me to Join
Also, realize that Berklee isn't the only music school in the US.

Berklee is just one of the more hyped schools.
Quote by Hate Me
Also, realize that Berklee isn't the only music school in the US.

Berklee is just one of the more hyped schools.

yah.
almost every University around has a music program....
also check out Musicians Institute in hollywood...
its got a special guitar program, IMO real low expectations grade wise.. but they seem to have great classes...
[Founder of the Ibanez S players club.] Pm Me to Join
Quote by Holy Katana

No, the founder's name was Lee Berk. Trust me, my dad went there and graduated.
I was also thinking about perhaps going to school for music and playing the piano/ saxophone..... but then i realized you don't need to go to university for music, and there is no money!!! However, i have friends who are in it. I don't know about the states, but here in Canada, you need to have a grade 6 piano minimum, if you have another instrument, and grade 2 theory. These grades are based off the Canadian royal conservatory of music. If your serious about music, take a look at it, but make sure you find out all the information before you get serious!!!
Quote by feltgrape
actually he dropped out to put 100% into the band.

No, he was failing and he wanted to be in the band. Yes he did drop out, but no he wasn't doing well in Berklee either.
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
I have a few sugestions for you. Become more comfortable with your playing and put more feel and emotion into the songs, one of the things that was so great with Hendrix was that even if he hit the wrong note, he would bend it till it was right. You should try and learn as much theory and Jazz guitar as you can before applying, but also try to learn to be as diverse a possible. Listen to all kinds of music, Funk, Blues, Electronic, Latin, etc. those kinds of things will boost your chances. Sight reading will help you out a ton and look into Chord-Tone soloing. Lastly, jam with people and play as much as possible. Play at dances, parties, talent shows, anything! Get a band together to show them you know how to lead and you really want to make music your career. Practice with a metronome and you can apply to Berklee anytime, you don't ave to do it now. If you think working up your skill for a year or two more, go ahead. And if you get turned down, apply again next year untill you get in, go to a different music school, or just get a band a tour. As it was said before John Petrucci dropped out of Berklee before he got to declare his major. Not all the great players went to music school or even knew almost any theory ex. SRV, Hendrix. Good Luck. They are having a five week long summer performance program so look into that too.
Your good but 10 years to soon to touch some current artists. Keep giving your all and you will excel

Oh and you did a machine gun john mayer version? WHAT where did you get that from if it really exists....

Get into Berklee... probaly not, well it would depend on the competition, If they are all your level the sure you can get in, but if their freaking geniuses who started at the age of 4 and still play at 18 or 19 your screwed.
Class A Procrastinator and Class A Guitarist..
I'm currently going to a business college and plan to finish there. But I was kind of kidding about the whole Berklee thing...my parents would NEVER pay for it and I would NEVER get in. I'm simply not good enough. But a guy can dream right?
*Taylor 214ce Acoustic
*Vox 847 Wah
*Fender Blues Deluxe Amp
I dont really see a point of getting into Berkley or Berklee. The only benefit I see is being around a crapload of musicians.
Quote by TJM2482
I dont really see a point of getting into Berkley or Berklee. The only benefit I see is being around a crapload of musicians.
...what does Berkley have to do with being around a crapload of musicians?